smokers $6 smoker at WALMART...

It was a good deal now start smokin' meat and stop talkin' price. :)

thank you for any feedback....

THP....got it already presmoked...(as suggested)... tomorrow will be busy smoking meat and peppers.....now the question is... chips.. chunks or pellets...??

I prefer chips - Chunks are good for big burns I think. I get more out of chips and throw a few on at a time controlling how much smoke will permeate the meal of choice

KD, I have one pretty close to what you have there, judging by the picture, I use Chips first, pellets second and don't mess with chunks because according to the paperwork they won't work very well. I soak the chips overnight in hot water and by morning they're ready to go.

watch smoking your peppers, you'll want to keeep the temp low, I keep them at 110 degrees F, for them and meats at the 230 to 250 range.

Happy smoking

KD, I have one pretty close to what you have there, judging by the picture, I use Chips first, pellets second and don't mess with chunks because according to the paperwork they won't work very well. I soak the chips overnight in hot water and by morning they're ready to go.

watch smoking your peppers, you'll want to keeep the temp low, I keep them at 110 degrees F, for them and meats at the 230 to 250 range.

Happy smoking

thanks for the HU Bill...i will stick to chips as i have read that pellets are just packed powdered wood... so burns quick....how long does it usually take to smoke?

btw.. consumer affairs sent someone to investigate...and found walmart was justified not to sell it to me @$6... but hey.. worth a shot.. i wasnt trying to rip them off.. just simply wanted to hear it from the proper authority...i didnt know whether it was legal for them to deny me.... btw.. they did find 4 items being overcharged and gave them a nice citation =D

btw.. consumer affairs sent someone to investigate...and found walmart was justified not to sell it to me @$6... but hey.. worth a shot.. i wasnt trying to rip them off.. just simply wanted to hear it from the proper authority...i didnt know whether it was legal for them to deny me.... btw.. they did find 4 items being overcharged and gave them a nice citation =D

Nothing wrong with checking!

No idea what's best for gas smokers. And aren't pellets only for pellet smokers? No? You learn something new every day.

This is an awesome website that I referred to when I was getting started.
Everything from seasoning your new smoker to recipes.
And specifically for your type of smoker, what ever it may be.

Check it out.

http://www.amazingribs.com/BBQ_buyers_guide/smokers/charcoal_smokers.html

I'd suggest staying the hell out of the downfall of the USA and the destruction of it's small business community.
We had ClownMart move in here, Due to my diligence( educating the local sheep) it was dead within 90 daze. GONE. Never to return.It sounds like Lowes may be my next assault( although 35 miles from my community). They WILL fail.

Prices, even in modern supermarket are negotiable! That is the law. The price was a recommended price. The $6 dollars was irrelevant.

Back