• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

6 varieties I bought @ farmers market

My girlfriend and I went to the local farmers market for the first time this weekend and of course the only thing I bought was peppers & hot sauce :D

Oh, I forgot to mention, I spoke with the guy who grew all these for a minute and for not knowing a whole lot about peppers he sure does grow some good ones. I told him I grow peppers too and told him about the superhot varieties I'm growing next year and he said he doesn't grow any hot peppers because they would cross and make his sweet peppers hot......I didn't feel like getting into an argument about seed vs pepper crossing so I just let it go lol.

Top row, left to right: Some type of paprika, some type of russian sweet pepper, some other type of sweet pepper(any ideas?)
Bottom row: Gypsy peppers, pepperoncinis, another paprika type.

2974287427_9749947b23_o.jpg

Mmm, sweet peppers. I'm about to go make some scrambled eggs with sauteed peppers.

Update: I tried one of the pumpkin shaped ones first. It didn't last long enough to make it into the eggs, I ended up just eating it like an apple. Delicious. Anyone care to venture a guess as to what type of pepper this is?

Txclosetgrower said:
Update: I tried one of the pumpkin shaped ones first. It didn't last long enough to make it into the eggs, I ended up just eating it like an apple. Delicious. Anyone care to venture a guess as to what type of pepper this is?

Amazingly it looks like a Pumpkin pepper :lol:

I'm drying seeds from the pumpkin shaped one for next season. I have LOTS if anyone else wants to give them a shot. So far I've just been eating them like apples, really good and sweet.

Back