event 6th Annual "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" Wingfest at Duffs Brooklyn! 8/18

It's that time again when The Defcon Urban Assault Vehicle heads into the heart of Brooklyn To Duffs Brooklyn, the best damn Thrash bar on the planet. We will be handing out FREE Defcon Wings on Saturday, August 18th, from 9pm until 4am to all the Freaks, Metalheads and other odd-assorted Children of the Night. Come join the chaos!

We do this gig every year, and I have to tell ya, it is definitely one of the most 'interesting' events we do all year. Put the date on your calendar, and enjoy a night on the darkside! You'll be scarred for life...In a good way (evil chuckle).​

Duffs Brooklyn​
163 Marcy Avnue​
Brooklyn, NY​
718-599-2092
www.duffsbrooklyn.com
Duffs201025.jpg

Sounds like an awesome event and wishin I could attend!
Grab a few wings, toss back a couple cold ones and listen to some metal tunage for me!

It's TOMORROW NIGHT! Man oh man, with the amount of emails I've gotten, the turnout looks to be record-breaking once again. If you need plans for Saturday night, and feel like making a roadtrip to the best Thrash Bar in Brooklyn (if not all 5 boroughs), come join us tomorrow night.

Between bikers, metalheads, vamps, cyberpunks, geeks, goths, steampunkers and other assorted Chldren of the Night, it's near impossible not to have fun (unless of course you're just a miserable sot). Oh yeah, and chow down on the best wings on the planet for FREE.

The weather will be cooperating too, 0% chance of precip, and temps will be in the mid 60's until the wee hours of the morning. We're usually there until the sun starts lighting up the horizon.

Well, another complete success is in the record books. We rolled in about 5:30 this morning. The turnout, as usual, was great. The wings, they were devoured by the huddled masses. The victims of the Zero dropped like flies. All is good. One of the hghlights of the night involved a hearse, a 'real doll', and a car accident. Jimmy Duff, the owner, drives a hearse. He keeps a 'real doll' in the back of it for sh*ts and giggles. Well, Jimmy opened the acl of the hearse, and some of the metalheads couldn't resist, so they egan to fondle the doll, which of course, is amazingly lifelike. Well, a gentleman driving by spotted, what he thought, was a group of necrophiliacs fondling a dead chick in the back of the hearse. He slammed into the back of a van in front of him. Nobody was hurt (except the guy's pride), so we didn;t feel too badly about laughing our asses off. EVen a couple of the NYPD chuckled when the guy told them how he was distracted.

Only at Duff's. Well, looking forward to doing it all over again next year. And a shout out to Drunky Claus and THP for attending the event, it was great seeing you guys again. The first pic is of the guy's car who was too busy spying on the supposed necros, and the second is the annual shot of Jimmy Duff and myself.

Duffs201238.jpg

Duffs201261.jpg

My bandmate tried the mild (Defcon Condition 3) and was sweating and saying he's not used to wings so hot he's used to them tasting like salsa or ketchup LOL. He was scared to try more. Behold Defcon. Even #3 is changing lives. Fun night indeed. There was some dude "almost" hurling every second in the back room... like that "ohhhhhhhhhh" and everyone moves when he gags, and people were posing in pictures with him slumped over LOL. Then there was that necrophiliac moment I missed out on. Damn. Another Brooklyn weekend. Just the norm. Duff's. Defcon. Good times.

Oh, John, thanks for throwing these. I guess see you in a year :lol:

Yeah, Duff's is pretty much a "Twilight" Zone. Didn't know about the gagging guy inside, would've loved a photo with him too. It's always a good time at these, and I really look forward to many more. Got home before the sun was up this time around, so it was a little easier to crash when we got back. Thanks for turning out my friend, see you next year!

Back