• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

7 pod / 7 pot?

Is there a difference? If so what might it be? I saved some seeds from some yellow 7 type I got from a Chad S box. I sent an I'm to him, but was just wondering? Thanks.

how big is pot of stew in Trinidad anyways.

3 litres, 5 litres, perhaps the size of a cauldron. I have never been to Trinidad. it congers up all sorts of weird visions.

do village folk, line up seven pots, over open fires in make shift campfires in the village circle and simmer 7 pots of stew, minching the pod, then evenly dividing the slivers into each pot. what if they have 8 pots would they have to search out a sliver of a pod for the stew? or perhaps they are using a pot for laundry, what happens then? perhaps they have a special dipping bag, where they put the pod and dunk it like a tea bag in each pot. or if they use the tea bag technique, perhaps they make 1 pot of stew, dunk the bag until seasoned just right, then hang it in a cupboard until the next batch or perhaps walk the bag to their neighbours they all share in the single pod of heatness for 7 families.

maybe there is an old village elder somewhere, that would tell you, no, it's called the "big bong pepper" but my illerate wife is afraid of the "big bong" and calls it 7 pot for emotional security.

3 litres, 5 litres, perhaps the size of a cauldron. I have never been to Trinidad. it congers up all sorts of weird visions.

do village folk, line up seven pots, over open fires in make shift campfires in the village circle and simmer 7 pots of stew, minching the pod, then evenly dividing the slivers into each pot. what if they have 8 pots would they have to search out a sliver of a pod for the stew? or perhaps they are using a pot for laundry, what happens then? perhaps they have a special dipping bag, where they put the pod and dunk it like a tea bag in each pot. or if they use the tea bag technique, perhaps they make 1 pot of stew, dunk the bag until seasoned just right, then hang it in a cupboard until the next batch or perhaps walk the bag to their neighbours they all share in the single pod of heatness for 7 families.

maybe there is an old village elder somewhere, that would tell you, no, it's called the "big bong pepper" but my illerate wife is afraid of the "big bong" and calls it 7 pot for emotional security.

I always wondered this myself…well said!!

BC you and I think alike... I just usually don't express it too much here. Chad got back with me, it a yellow & from Hippyseed he grew. I know the names were interchangeable, but i was seeing different names for pics where the pods looked dramatically different.

My money is on 7 pot being the original nickname.
"7 pod" doesn't really make sense to me...
As mentioned, the reason it's called so is because they would re-use one pepper to spice up 7 pots of stew.
I think in the "Trail of the Trinidad Scorpion Butch T" video that someone here posted, they clarify that this is the case.
But hey... Call it whatever you prefer I say!

Originally 7-pot, now also 7-pod due to people misreading it and growing/selling, so they started as the same, but there can be different strains now as some growers have adopted the "pod" version.

7pot
IT is said to be hot enough to spice up 7 pots of stew
Heard this before, I always thought they may be referring to pepperpot. One pepper is enough heat for 7. This dish is popular in Trinidad and the Caribbean and uses some of the hottest peppers.

Back