• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

7 Pot Burgundy

I have clicked on the Notify option from Miss Judy's pepperlover site, was hoping to grow next year.  I am sure she will have seeds pretty soon, post some pics of your harvest this year gents.  I would like to see more of these Burgandy pods! 

cheers

I just got 2 burgundy seeds in the mail from a member on this forum. Since there were only 2 I decided not to even try germinating them until I read this thread. I hope at least 1 of them germinate! Sounds like a great pepper.

KingChile said:
The ones i've had were not so red and were darker and some had like a greenish tint to the burgundy color

That sounds like yours still had a bit of ripening to do. They get redder when they ripen, like a douglah or a chocolate bhut. All that greenish tint goes away and the pod (especially the placenta) takes on a pinkish/orangish hue.

IMG_0478_zps2kiechxd.jpg

Nice, mine aren't very wrinkly more of a caribbean red hab shape but larger. Hopefully they turn the deep red like that. Pod color so light I wouldn't be surprised if they turned white when they ripen. 

Back