• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

7 Pot Cinder F2 (BBM x Madballz) Pod Test

Bhuter said:
Wow! Thank you, Sim! I really appreciate it. I'll have to send you some of the F3 seeds from these caramel pods...if you'd like.
That would be awesome Adam thank you so much mate. The caramel cinder is such a great colour, nice to hear it had a nice fruity taste to start with, be nice smoked with cherry dust and then dried for flakes.
Good work my friend.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Great video review! You managed to keep it descriptive and talking through the whole thing, I would probably be running around the yard like a rabid dog grunting and screaming. Lol. Looking forward to more reviews, cheers!

Crispee-FL said:
Great video review! You managed to keep it descriptive and talking through the whole thing, I would probably be running around the yard like a rabid dog grunting and screaming. Lol. Looking forward to more reviews, cheers!
Thank you very much, Christopher! I think I was so scared about making the video that the heat was almost secondary. Lol. I was expecting myself to be that rabid dog. I guess that was happening on the inside. Lol.

Bhuter said:
Wow, thank you Takk! I'm so glad I got a Caramel this year. I have isolated seeds for that plant now and I'll grow a few of that one out next year in F3.
looking foward to it when it gets stable!

Bhuter said:
I'm so glad I got a Caramel this year. I have isolated seeds for that plant now and I'll grow a few of that one out next year in F3.
The way you worded that kind of sounds like you may have other phenos selected for f3 as well? I have been wondering if it is common practice to do that? Like say, you are getting two different phenos that you really like, so you collect seeds from both phenos to stabilize, or do you pick the "ideal" pheno and discard the rest? Just curious. I could see myself wanting to grow out every cool looking pod I come across. I hope that made sense...

CMJ said:
The way you worded that kind of sounds like you may have other pbenos selected for f3 as well? I have been wondering if it is common practice to do that? Like say, you are getting two different phenos that you really like, so you collect seeds from both phenos to stabilize, or do you pick the "ideal" pheno and discard the rest? Just curious. I could see myself wanting to grow out every cool looking pod I come across. I hope that made sense...

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk
I actually have 4 plants of it this year. 2 of them look similar and are a light brown. One is caramel and the other is almost black. I want the Caramel to be the official color, but I think the darker one might be hotter. That's why I'd probably grow the darker one, also. I too want to grow out seeds from all cool pods. But I judge by the plant...after color. Which is growing the best, which has the most fruit, etc. Then I isolate a flower or two from the plant and only use those seeds. But this year, I noticed how light the unripened pods were and isolated that plant immediately hoping for Caramel...which happened. Just got lucky this year.

i commented directly on your video; i think you did really well.  I´d encourage you to continue making videos, if you´re going to continue to eat whole pods straight up.  Yours was at least as good as 95% of them, and better than the vast majority.  You kept speaking the entire time, offered some actual info about the chile itself (probably easy, as it´s your pet project, but still.... a rarity among pod reviews), and you gave descriptive/objective info abut the experience.  We need more reviews like that.

One piece of criticism:  if you´re going to scoop out the seeds, tell the camera it´s b/c you´re saving them for next season.  Otherwise, the dickheads will likely heckle the shit out of you in the comments. Rockin'review.

rockout.gif
:metal:  
rockout.gif
rockout.gif
rockout.gif
rockout.gif

Bicycle808 said:
i commented directly on your video; i think you did really well.  I´d encourage you to continue making videos, if you´re going to continue to eat whole pods straight up.  Yours was at least as good as 95% of them, and better than the vast majority.  You kept speaking the entire time, offered some actual info about the chile itself (probably easy, as it´s your pet project, but still.... a rarity among pod reviews), and you gave descriptive/objective info abut the experience.  We need more reviews like that.

One piece of criticism:  if you´re going to scoop out the seeds, tell the camera it´s b/c you´re saving them for next season.  Otherwise, the dickheads will likely heckle the shit out of you in the comments. Rockin'review.

rockout.gif
rockout.gif
rockout.gif
rockout.gif
rockout.gif
Wow, Rob! Thank you very much for your words of encouragement! That really means a lot. You're absolutely right about scooping seeds out. People still think that's where the heat is. They just hurt my teeth and I think they change the flavor. I haven't gotten heckled yet, but it's bound to happen. Thank you for the advice. And who knows, I may do more reviews. Maybe. Lol. Cheers!

Bicycle808 said:
I feel like the main contribution seeds make, flavor-wise, is some bitterness. I just watch a lot of pod reviews and guys who scoop seeds always catch hell, unjustifiably. But I guess that's just part of YouTube
I agree on the little bit of bitterness with seeds. But I think it's mainly the feeling chomping on seeds gives my teeth. You can't close your teeth/jaw all the way...your teeth don't meet...if that makes sense. Lol

Those are truly beautiful pods! Love the caramel colored pods… the few ones I have been able to try have always been nicely flavored without any of that chemical/plastic/fuel taste one occasionally runs into when sampling chocolate varieties. There definitely should be more caramels available IMO. Such a great looking and sounding cross! Thanks for the updated pic, Adam!  :cool:

Alchymystic said:
Those are truly beautiful pods! Love the caramel colored pods the few ones I have been able to try have always been nicely flavored without any of that chemical/plastic/fuel taste one occasionally runs into when sampling chocolate varieties. There definitely should be more caramels available IMO. Such a great looking and sounding cross! Thanks for the updated pic, Adam!  :cool:
Thank you very much, Joel! I'm so happy with the way it's turning out. I couldn't agree more about Caramels. Ever since I ate a Caramel 7 Pot Madballz I was sold. Love the flavor. If you're interested, pm me your addy and I'll send out some OP seeds from these pods to you when they dry.

Back