• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

7 Pot douglah not blooming. Help

Hey Guys, Below is the link to photobucket for some pictures of my 7 Pot douglah plant. It is about 200 Days old. It keeps producing blooms as you can see in the picture ''Blooms'' But its does not produce ANYTHING. Its odd. Do any of you know what this is? Possibly a pollination thing? It has been getting Plenty of sun. I just moved it from the front of my house to the garden with all the other peppers so that could possible spark something. Not like it matters cause its coming into winter haha.The browning at the end of the branches are a result of cold weather im pretty sure. Thanks guys. It is Greatly aprreciated.

http://s333.beta.photobucket.com/user/jac98/library/7%20Pot%20Douglah?#/user/jac98/library/7%20Pot%20Douglah?&_suid=135602276844804195596124428875

Where do you live? Temps can play a big factor. Too cold or hot can cause many unpleasant things to chili's :confused: What are you feeding it as well?

Root zone temps too hot or too cold, low humidity,lack of physical pollination (ie insects or air movement). Too much nitrogen, nute imbalance or nute lockout , pest issues (ie mites) , disease issues.

Try giving it a foliar spray of high potassium something (ie kelp/seaweed) and see if that helps. But it could be any of the above without knowing more than what you have told us.

Wow. A seaweed tea will give potassium?
Very useful to know, we boil kelp and put it in so many different dishes in Japan.

I'll guess you have flower drop.

Flower drop probable causes:

1. Day temp too high >95F
2. Night temp too low <65F
3. Too much nitrogen fertilizer
4. Too much water
5. Low light levels (reduces fertility).
6. Very low humidity (reduces fertility)
7. Poor air circulation (air circulation contributes to pollination).
8. Lack of pollinating insects.
9. Size of pot
10. Too much mineral in feedwater.
11. Too much grower attention/anxiety

Back