• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

7-pot , #@$!!

7-pot, @#$!!, $%#@!!!$@!.

I made it a personal point to try each and every pepper that I grew this year. The final pepper to try was a 7-pot which had the first ripe pod on it yesterday.

Cut it in half and took a deep smell. Boy, it smells very hot but doesn't look any hotter than the Naga or Savina? Bit off a half of a half of the pod and my mouth and throat exploded with some fearsome heat!!! Holy sh$! Yes, I drank milk and plenty of it.

Hands down the hottest pod I've tried this year. Someone should test the scoville units on these heat grenades.

After the heat finally started to go away the poor stomach took a good beating. Ugh.

WOW is all I can say.

I'll post up a picture of a pod tonight as I'd love to know the strain of this 7-pot.

They are damn hot and I've seen some SHU tests over 1 million but it difficult to put a SHU number beside every variety since even pods on the same plant will have different readings, as well as all the different environmental factors and stresses.

My 7-pot plant was the last plant to have ripe pods. It was a slow grower until I repotted in in June. Than it took off and started setting fruit. Good thing because we have some cold weather on it's way next week.

I'd say about 6-7 months from seed to ripe.

Patrick,

Seriously, I can't say it was fun. The burn lasted forever.

This was the 7-pot plant you traded me earlier this spring.

Any idea where or who's seeds you used for this fire breather?

For next year...Scorpion. I need to track down some seeds.

RJC, I think patrick has a couple different sources of the 7 Pod growing but some of his seed is from these brain strain 7 's last year shown below. Does yours look anything like these, if so I know your pain.:mouthonfire:
IMG_1523.jpg

PRF,

Nice photo and brings back bad memories of yesterday. Ha.

Patrick thought maybe he had traded me a Cappy 7-pot but we're still not sure at this point as he does have some variety. I'll take a closer look tonight, along with posting a picture, but mine don't have that blunt tail that comes out from the body like your evil looking pods. I'd recognize your 7-pots any day :cool:

Mine still have that rough skin like yours but each pod seems to have it's own unique bottom if that makes sense???

Photos of 7-pot as promised.

Thanks for the input on the type in advance. These two got knocked off by the dog while I was picking ripe ones so they are a little orange, going on red. Middle picture "eyes" and last picture.

End_of_Harvest001.jpg

End_of_Harvest003.jpg

End_of_Harvest006.jpg

That a bunch of great pods you got there RJC. Congrats on the beautiful harvest not hurting on variety of plants either. Don't think that is the brain strain but definitely a keeper 7 Pot from the looks of those. Very pretty pods all of them.:)

I ended up with 7 pot seeds from three different sources this year. Of the five I have I believe two are Cappy's Brain Strain, two are from Dale and one was from Vincent. I think you ended up with one of Vincents 7's RJ.

I've got some Trinidad Scorpion seeds for ya, pure and maybe pure.

Back