• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense 7 Pot's

Hi Guy's

I've never grown 7 pot's before but this season I'm grown 7 pot Jonah and 7 Pot Douglah I've only grown Naga's before how do they compare
?
20230413_190805.jpg

7 pot Jonah in 5 litre pot............

20230413_190742.jpg

7 Pot Douglah seems more robust and vigorous than the 7 pot Jonah.......? Don't know why but I'm more excited about the Douglah 😎

Opinions or advice about these varieties........?

Stephen

There are a lot of different 7 Pot varieties to choose from. 7 Pot Brainstrain is remembered by many people who have consumed it. 😵‍💫
There are also different Naga varieties. Naga Morich was a hottie years ago.

Jonah is one of my favorite peppers. Maybe it takes too long to mature, but it has a very good flavor, similar to Primo or Reaper, but lighter. The heat is also consistent, I would say similar to Naga. Sorry I can't help you with Douglah. You'll tell us what you think.

Hi

As always when I'm trying out new varieties in my little Scottish greenhouse is varieties that mature faster enough before I run out of year ! 😞

Interesting you say the Jonah takes a long time to mature..........my Douglah thrashed the Jonah in that department !

In there 5 litre trial pot's the Douglah produced quicker, bigger, and ripened way faster i was very surprised and very pleased 😄

The Douglah ended up transferring to a kratky set up produced even bigger pod's and ripened earlier still !

I'm glad to had the two of them in 5 litre pots for a head to head comparison from that alone I'd drop the Jonah and play with the Douglah in a bigger pot or start it off straight away in kratky hydroponics.

Regarding heat ......Douglah won't let you down ! Spectacular not for eating raw I tried a slice ! 😵‍💫😵☠️

But cooking in delicious and hot hot hot in a good way, infact my mate who loves hot stuff and put one I gave him on a pizza on Friday.............😗

It caught him by surprise first pepper I've given him that has even he turned to the milk but loved it but said not for the general public 🤣 now he wants more.

Hi Guy's

Jonah vs Douglah results in my wee Scottish greenhouse............

20231001_125748.jpg

My Biggest Jonah ! ................... most were a little smaller less productive and took longer to ripen than my Douglah

20230917_092247.jpg

Not my biggest Douglah but one of the top half dozen ! Way more prolific, bigger pod's, and ripened earlier than my Jonah.

The winner is .................🤔 🙂

Back