• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hybrid 7pot Primo Orange or cross?

good video & review

*scratches head* ..blending superhots into milk.. that's different.
That's like unloading the bullet from a deer rifle.. no bang for the buck!

I didn´t like the stomage pain after eating whole superhots.

Milk fat seems to cover the capsaicin, thus giving much lower heat.

Although...Cristine used part of one glass to make a squash soup this afternoon...it hurts !!!! :mouthonfire:
We put it in the freezer, waiting for cooler days .

Peter

well just because I have not seen it before doesn't mean it was a bad idea
and now that I think about it you may be a clever genius..
seems a good way to test many different kinds without killing yourself.

Peter, can't wait to grow this! I ordered my seeds to Canada last night. Thanks for providing us with the chance to buy them. Even if they don't turn out, they are still Primo seeds! :dance:

I didn´t do so far, but it's a very good, fast and cheap method to select high heat outcrops.
If you have a row of 10 plants of a single variety, how to find out if there is a plant with much higher heat, without killing yourself by eating or ruin your budget by lab testing.

Peter

much better than the red

if you cut a pod in two halfs, the kitchen fills with a aromatic smell within a few minutes!

Peter

@icebarker,

Thank you for this info, I´ll contact them to exchange seeds.

Yellow mutants are quiet frequent.

Peter

Interesting...

Ok the truth comes out... I crossed the 7 Pot with a Naga and every third New Moon on Monday (I love Duran Duran) I tossed in a Fatalli. ha

Would love to get some seeds....trade?

Primo

That's a pretty good looking pepper. I hope you keep growing it and it becomes stable. Very cool pepper.

Seeds are in the germinator and I will clone the plant via cuttings

Interesting...

Ok the truth comes out... I crossed the 7 Pot with a Naga and every third New Moon on Monday (I love Duran Duran) I tossed in a Fatalli. ha

Would love to get some seeds....trade?

Primo

I´ll send you some seeds.

Peter

They look crossed with a scorpion. Not to say they are but the upper portion an pod size are reminiscent. Awesome looking pod and it is interesting to hear that the orange are hotter. Usually it's the yellow/orange in any variety that are slightly milder in heat with a smooth flavor profile. THP's just pumping out new varieties. We've got the swagger.

I'd go further than that and say: First simple way to really compare hotness without a lab, great idea!

If you wanted to compare capsaicin levels in dry mass like you do in a lab, you'd have to dry the pepper first, of course. You'll need a different set of scales, but you'd be able to eliminate the influence of water content in the fruit.

Since about 4 weeks we have the results that our growout of the 2012 7pot Primo Orange seeds came true to type.
Thus confirming my entire suggestion that it may be a color mutation.

Can anyone confirm these findings?

7pot_primo_orange_2013.jpg

I named it orange, but one could say it´s more yellow than orange, isn´t it?

Peter

Back