for-sale 900+ Vintage Bottles for sale

Hey all- I didn't know this forum existed, otherwsie I'd have gone this route first. We've got just under 1000 different lables of vintage, full unopened bottles of hot suace. I've got one lot up on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330288160508&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=014) , but here's some background-

My wife and I first started collecting hot sauce back in1995, when we had decied to try to get all of the hot sauces that were pictured on a poster we had in our apt kitchen. I think there were about 36 bottles in the picture. We would look everywhere we would travel, and back then, you could bring the stuff back on your carry-on luggage on the plane. We'd go so far as that when we were away on vacation somplace, we'd rent a car and spend one entire day driving to every supermarket, convience store, ect, we could find in search of hot sauce. There was one trip we had made, where my carry on bagage consisted of a small suitcase with probably 80 bottles in it (I kid you not). We filled a shelving unit we had put togther and had more than we could display (See pics). When all's said and done, I think we have close to 1000 DIFFERNT lables of unopened hot sauce. We bought a house and didn't have a place to diaplcy all of the sauces, so they've sat (individually wrapped) for many years. Now that we have kids, we can't really discply them for fear of a little one playing with and breaking, or causing something to leak. It's probably been 6-7 years since we've actively pursued new lables. Every now and then, someone gives us a bottle, but for the most part, this collectin is at least 6 years old and older. Our interests have changed, so we'd thought we'd unload this collection and make some space in the basement....

So anyways, to make a long story short, we've got a lot of sauce we'd like to get out of our house. I'd definetly rather move this all in one lot. Shipping would be a rediculous cost, so if anyone in the Chicagoland Area is really intersted (or anyone willing to come pick-up from wherever), please contact me. There's simply too many bottles to make a list, which is why I'd rather you be able to come and see what they are. I will continue to put these things up in 8-12 bottle lots on ebay. There are some hard to find bottles in this collection.

Mods-
I'm not sure if this falls under the 'collector' catagory or not, but because of the age of these, I decied to post here...

holy shit thats a great collection you got there :lol:
& look at that size of cholula bottle :mouthonfire: where you get that monster ?

good luck to you, I think theres a place in chicago that has a wall of hot sauce bottles they might be interested ? if not you could bring a different type of bottle & get a free meal (if they dont have that hot sauce bottle) heck you could eat many free meals with that collection :lol:

I'll look & post the thread here be right back.

I've actually been there many times (Heaven on Seven in Naperville). They've proabably got most of the ones I've got. It'd be like going to Peppers restuarant in Dewey Beach, DL. They've got everything. We went there in proabably 1999 and picked up about 50 bottles from there as well....

The Cholula bottle is a 3 liter bottle. It was given out at a trade show that a friend of mine attended and managed to snag for me. The shelving that this stuff sat on in the pictures, was inexpensive VHS tape shelving. I'm sure now, with vhs being just about obselete, you could find a mom and pop video store that might have vhs shelving available for next to nothing. The spaceing is perfect for hot sauce bottles.

Wow, a lot of chilehead history there...absolutly amazing.

Wonder if Defcon or Buddah has seen this yet? ;-)

pinballmonkey said:
I've actually been there many times (Heaven on Seven in Naperville).

the wife and I will be there about noon this Frdiay...28 Nov 2008...I got some stuff they don't have and hopefully will get two meals for free....their food is not that expensive either way...

Back