smokers A Boy and His Smokers

Coupla racks of ribs and some sausage.  Pardon the lack of money shot.  Too damn hungry for pics.  Ribs went for 5 hrs at 225.  No wrapping at all.  I glazed them on the propane grill while I burnt some hot dogs for the kids.  The ribs were just bordering fall off the bone.  Good eatin' regardless.  Leftovers going into some quesadillas tomorrow.

IMG_3078_zpsgr5rsb3f.jpg

IMG_3081_zps6adv0wdw.jpg

IMG_3083_zpsqrhl0bnq.jpg

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Pretty sure once pods are in full season we will be smoking plenty of those as well :) We are some cooking sobs here on THP

Do you smoke your pods in a separate rig than you smoke your meats?

Husker21 said:

Do you smoke your pods in a separate rig than you smoke your meats?
Yes, pretty much only use my newer electric smoker for pods. I like the ability to dial in the temp exactly where I want to and the ability to cold smoke. 

More leftovers!  And more sun!  And a visitor!  Need more "!"!!!!!!!  Someone on THP mentioned using store bought naan as pizza crust.  This is my third time using it as pizza crust and it is GOOD.  This pizzza/flatbread has left over baby back rib meat, grilled onions and cheddar.  Hiding under all of that is leftover Annies mac and cheese that I folded into a quick/basic queso I made.  Dusted this bitch with some of buddy's smoked red and choco flake.

IMG_3091_zpsi8qokt9f.jpg

IMG_3093_zpsxbcltjwd.jpg

IMG_3099_zps8rhri1z5.jpg

No pics so it may not have happened.  Fed 30 peeps with a 14 lb brisket and 10 lbs of sausage.  Brisket was rockin'!  Did both bacon and cheddar pork sausage and a hearty sausage (beef with bell peppers and potato).  Brisket was gone and had about 2 lbs of sausage left over.  

I am pretty consistent with this size brisket, 16 hrs at 225 and no wrapping.  I need to get some butchers paper so I can try to wrap part way through cooking.  Did a mix of cherry and pecan woods.  Love the simple rub I am using.  Equal parts kosher salt and black pepper and added some garlic and onion powder.  Sausage was smoked for 2.5 hrs at 225.  Used apple wood chips on them.

I need to get a pork butt in there soon and break in the second smoker.  Maybe this weekend.  :)

Husker21 said:
Lol

I also realized I can't get the brisket from my butcher. Restaurant depot is much cheaper. Just gotta nut up and make the drive.
That is a good lesson, how much a pound? I was surprised Walmart near me sells the #1 suggested whole brisket hahaha

8.99/lb 

i knew i would pay more but it would be a great cut of meat.

but driving round trip 1 hr 20 min when i needed to be prepping the house and food wasn't happening.  that's why i need a big ass chest fridge so i can always have 3-4 briskets in various stages of wet aging.  :)

Husker21 said:
8.99/lb 

but driving round trip 1 hr 20 min when i needed to be prepping the house and food wasn't happening.  that's why i need a big ass chest fridge so i can always have 3-4 briskets in various stages of wet aging.   :)
Yeah I wish Costco sold whole but they do flat only here.

Husker21 said:
8.99/lb 

but driving round trip 1 hr 20 min when i needed to be prepping the house and food wasn't happening.  that's why i need a big ass chest fridge so i can always have 3-4 briskets in various stages of wet aging.   :)

This.

Back