• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense A Brainstrain or Reaper cross - Basically a blind review!

Thanks to Garrett Peck of Pexpeppers.

www.pexpeppers.com

Basically, I was eating this one blind, so my comments reflect that. This pod was given to me as a Reaper X Brainstrain cross, but even just with the aroma it obviously had Bhut or Naga in there too. I review it as if it were Reaper x Brainstrain, but my comments reflect that this pod was not that cross. 

The initial aroma was extremely pungent and was clearly not pure Reaper x Brainstrain, as there was a very strong aroma of Bhut or Naga. There was also some sweetness and floral notes, too.

The flavor was initially extremely fruity and sweet. For roughly 5 seconds. Then it became incredibly bitter, followed by perfume and floral aspects, but the bitterness was by far the main element to the flavour. This is the most horrible tasting pod I`ve ever eaten, by far.

The heat was extreme, as was the level of pain. This is the hottest red pod I`ve eaten this year, with a very nasty, aggressive burn. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLQV8UhxT78&feature=youtu.be

Pure punishment.......Floral flavor reminds me of soap.........and bitter on top of that.........yikes.............. :lol: 

The heat must have been the pleasure

[SIZE=medium]“Quite a Ride” Yeah I would say so! My first indication was your face becoming redder than your shirt. Looked like that pod was about to bring you to your knees.   :onfire: Good review Nigel [/SIZE]

You're not afraid to take one for the team Nigel!
Love your reviews, keep them coming.... I buy seeds based on some of these reviews!

I will pay top dollar for Aji Jobito seeds anyone???

Jamison said:
Sounds terrible! Nigel I'm sorry but I couldn't help but laugh at you. Poor guy!
Yes, I deserve being laughed at for that. What a flavor Yeuurcchhhh! 
Bailey said:
You're not afraid to take one for the team Nigel!
Love your reviews, keep them coming.... I buy seeds based on some of these reviews!

I will pay top dollar for Aji Jobito seeds anyone???
I have Aji Jobito plants just beginning to flower, so I hope to have seeds to send out well before next season starts.

Nigel said:
Yes, I deserve being laughed at for that. What a flavor Yeuurcchhhh! 
I have Aji Jobito plants just beginning to flower, so I hope to have seeds to send out well before next season starts.

That would be great Nigel!! Name your price....

On the bright side was Nigel's face almost matched the red shirt.   Nigel you are one Mean hot pepper eater!!!  5 stars!! 

Nice review Nigel.

As bad as it tasted, is it a hottest pepper contender? Seems to have wrecked you more than others.

Some crosses are like oil and water and don't mix well.  I also had one of these BSxCR from Pex and was also not impressed.a trait of the    Nothing personal but the cross sucks.  Medium size pod and the bad taste is not trait of the Brain Strain so don't know what is going on here.  Good review Nigel as always.

Well Nigel by your red face I would say that it got your attention, I have the same problem with the red face also my ears swell up like Boxers ears and they turn red as a beet. I'm surprised that it went from a nice sweet floral taste to a very unpleasant bitter flavor.
Anyway You took the bullet on that one and managed to overcome it, great review as always.

Back