• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

A couple of my babies getting ready to go out in a few weeks

One on the left is a Butch T, one on the right is a Chocolate Hab. Lookin' good! These sprouted about 6 weeks ago and are only getting about 20 watts/SF under 11 or so hours of light. Nothing too fancy but tried and true - homemade nutrients based off the old Le Chatelier formula with some tweaks and carefully blended growth media that has some neat tricks like "designer" zeolite designed to hold on to phosphorus in particular. I've got about 300 of these babies going out next month and I'm really excited. Hope we don't get as much rain as we did last year! My goal is to break my 42-lb serrano yield which was the total from all season long off my super-monster serrano plant. That particular bastard was almost 6 feet tall and 4 feet across! Every week I would get an overflowing 5-gallon bucket of serranos for something like 10 weeks in a row. Just concentrating on the super-hots this year and seeing what happens (I'll have a lot of sauce in the winter is what will happen if all goes well).

IMG_3527.jpg

Wow, they look awesome! Puts my Butch Ts to shame. I had a couple of hiccups though (fert burn and aphids)!

Back