• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

breeding A couple of very cool hybrids...

I originally posted this in the event forums where I did a little bit of recon for Jungle Jim's annual "Weekend of Fire". I was afraid a lot of the farmers here would miss it because that thread is dying pretty quick so I thought I'd just share the part about the guy from Georgia. The rest of it can be found on this page.

0801101336a.jpg

0801101336.jpg

He grows his own fresh peppers and has a couple hybrids he's very proud of.

0801101335a.jpg

The first one he showed me was a Bhut Jolokia/Chocolate Hab cross which he said maintained the heat of the Bhut but made the plant much hardier and easier to grow than the Bhut.

0801101335b.jpg

The second one is a wicked looking Scorpion/Bhut. The offspring is in the middle:

0801101339.jpg

I bought a bottle of his Ultimate Jolokia sauce. It's one of the most heavenly sauces on the planet. Probably because it's not even like a hot sauce. It tastes like a fresh pepper, no funky spices or anything, just pure pepper and heat. He said each bottle of Ultimate Jolokia contains the equivalent of 15-16 Bhuts! I'll be using this stuff during the winter when I want that garden fresh pepper flavor without actually having fresh peppers.

0801101336b.jpg

Back