• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

favorite A favorite has disappeared

I am almost out of a favorite sauce of mine, Jolokia Madness by CaJohn's. I found this bottle at Jungle Jim's last year and it quickly became my favorite. However, it seems as if CaJohn's is not making it any more and I can not find it anywhere. :mope:

I guess it is time to find another favorite...Hopefully Mark from www.thechileman.org will come out with a new Snakebite sauce soon, at least before his new addition takes over his world. :lol: I am also hoping that our own bentalphanerd will be coming out with a new batch of his sauce. Both of these are also my favorites and can't wait to get my hands on some of these sauces.

Pepperfreak said:
I am almost out of a favorite sauce of mine, Jolokia Madness by CaJohn's. I found this bottle at Jungle Jim's last year and it quickly became my favorite. However, it seems as if CaJohn's is not making it any more and I can not find it anywhere. :mope:

I guess it is time to find another favorite...Hopefully Mark from www.thechileman.org will come out with a new Snakebite sauce soon, at least before his new addition takes over his world. :lol: I am also hoping that our own bentalphanerd will be coming out with a new batch of his sauce. Both of these are also my favorites and can't wait to get my hands on some of these sauces.

pepperfreak,

can you briefly describe its taste, flavor and anything else you want to add?

May be I may be able to do something about it.
You are my neighbor and I can't let a neighbor be unhappy.

NJA

thehotpepper.com said:
Maybe it's renamed.

I just emailed CaJohn's inquiring if they had discontinued this sauce or just re-named it. I am busting with anticipation for their response. :lol:

Naga Jolokia Addict said:
pepperfreak,

can you briefly describe its taste, flavor and anything else you want to add?

May be I may be able to do something about it.
You are my neighbor and I can't let a neighbor be unhappy.

NJA

It had a nice Jolokia, slight mustardy and peppery taste to it. I really liked it because it seemed to go with everything and the vinegar wasn't tasted, or wasn't over powering. I really hate vinegar tasting sauces and this was not one of them. The listed ingredients are Bhut Jolokia, Habanero, Onion, Mustard, Vinegar and Spices. Seems like a simple sauce and I found is so good....If it is discontinued, I feel that would leave their product line with something missing. :(

DSCF3622.jpg

DSCF3623.jpg

Man I have really missed the boat on this one. I have never even had or seen this sauce. Now I have to find it. I love CaJohn's stuff. Scorch, Fatalii Fire, all his Purees, 10 etc. etc.

JayT, if you find it, I'm sure you'll love it as much as I do. Oh, and if you find it buy all that is on the shelf, cause I can't seem to find it anywhere I have looked.

Quad, the first sauce doesn't look like Jolokia Madness, it was too red. The second looks more like a spreadable mustard instead of a pourable sauce. I'm hoping that CaJohn's gets back to me Monday.

Yea! :onfire:

I would pay you ;)

Okay...I have been kind of obsessed about finding this sauce ever since I discovered that I'm almost out. I ran across a review that was done on the Hot Zone and CaJohn left this comment:

"... No it is not available yet as we have not perfected it to our standards".

Comment fired by CaJohn — July 23, 2009- 10:13 pm

Now, I am a little confused by this comment because I bought this sauce while I was in Cincinnati back in March and posted this purchase on here March 21, 2009. So, as I scratch my head in wonder, do you guys think that maybe CaJohn is using Jungle Jim's as a test market?

That sounds more likely as I have never seen it and my local guy gets everything Cajohn. I already sent him an email.

Well, I'm dangerously low at the moment and it is that good of a sauce that I might have to take an 8 hour round trip drive to Cincinnati to pick some up. :lol:

JayT said:
or, you could call JJ's and have them ship you some...

Great Idea!!! Will do that as soon as I wake up. ;) But, only after I call the In-laws and see if they just can't pick me up a couple of bottles.

Sucks you cant seem to find it - i had a look on google but didn't find anything! Jolokia 10 from Cajohns is excellent if you cant seem to get your hands on more Jolokia Madness.

I just finished my bottle of Jolokia 10 a few days ago - unfortunately i cant seem to it find it for a decent price on Canadian sites as $13.95 a bottle is too steep for another order.

I will keep my eye out around here for Jolokia Madness as well online as i wanna give it a go now. :lol:

that sauce was a temp label i think...
I read where it's said to be a 'tentative' label fro a new sauce...that ws like aug. 09.

He got good press on it, and was a hit at FFS..but dont seem to have been continued.

Pepperfreak said:
I just emailed CaJohn's inquiring if they had discontinued this sauce or just re-named it. I am busting with anticipation for their response. :lol:

It had a nice Jolokia, slight mustardy and peppery taste to it. I really liked it because it seemed to go with everything and the vinegar wasn't tasted, or wasn't over powering. I really hate vinegar tasting sauces and this was not one of them. The listed ingredients are Bhut Jolokia, Habanero, Onion, Mustard, Vinegar and Spices. Seems like a simple sauce and I found is so good....If it is discontinued, I feel that would leave their product line with something missing. :(

DSCF3623.jpg

Do I spy Mustard seeds in thisyar bottle?

NJA

Well, when you call Cajohn (and I know you will) he will most likely answer the phone himself. Tell him we want some.

Back