• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

A few late starts...

Here is a picture from a few minutes ago of a few peppers that were a wee bit slow to start but otherwise looking good.

Top Squares : ButchT, NagaBon, Aji Crystal, 7 Pot Yellow
Bottom Cups : ButchT, NagaBon, Trin. Scorp, and a slowly but surely coming back to life Mouraga Red...

The top row is potted in Just Right XTRA and the ones in cups are all in Fox Farm Ocean. All seeds are from the same source, sprouted on the same day and receive everything the same as well. The owner of the store I go to was raving about the Just Right XTRA so I wanted to do a side by side with making things as much the same as possible. I have two Choc Bhuts outside, one in JRX and one in FFO. The one in the JRX is by far the bigger plant and has a huge amount of extra stem growth. Going to be interesting to see how things turn out by the end of the season.

latestarts.jpg

-J

Well look at this way, if they don't produce this year(which they should)you can always cut them back and overwinter them and have really good starts for next year. By the way, i'm only 150 miles southwest of you. Good luck this season. :dance:

Charles

Well look at this way, if they don't produce this year(which they should)you can always cut them back and overwinter them and have really good starts for next year. By the way, i'm only 150 miles southwest of you. Good luck this season. :dance:

Charles

Exactly what I had in mind! I just have to make sure I pay more attention to the weather, I had six plants that were doing great doing an overwinter and then one night the temps dropped to 9 degrees.... I had them in the garage and unforuntaly did not realise we were gonna go artic that night :\, they were gone after that night.

-J

You using lights to get them started?

Yup, I have them under four T12 GE Plant and Aquarium lights with foil on both sides to get that little bit of extra light back to them. This is the same setup I used last year and had some really beautiful plants.

-J

Back