• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

annuum a good jalapeno find

check out this jalapeno:

jalapeno1-1.jpg

about 5" from bottom to top of the stem; fruit itself is 4"

jalapeno2-1.jpg

approx 1.5" across via a ruler

I bought this and 5 others at a Mexican grocery store I go to. Almost all the jalapenos they have are big like this - the others I bought averaged about 3.5" long and 1" wide. Not bad for $0.89/lb. They make great peppers for poppers.

-PP

One of my local grocery store often has large jals, but they are always picked way under-ripe and are usually gros and mushy looking and are quite mild:(

Alright JayT you asked for it here are the pics from turning my find into poppers:

The ingredients.
poppers001-1.jpg

All the kids into the pool.
poppers002-1.jpg

After being in the over at 350F for about 13 mins and under the broiler for 5 mins.
poppers003-1.jpg

Shoot should have bought more those were good!!

JayT said:
YES!!! Now if we can just turn you into a flaming drunk you will be one of us!
Half way there... he's got the flaming part :rofl:

And speak for yourself!

thehotpepper.com said:
Half way there... he's got the flaming part :rofl:

And speak for yourself!

What? You not one of us?? :cry:

Poppers look fantistico mate, 89cents a pound! Damn straight you should have bought more of those puppies!

peter pepper said:
Alright JayT you asked for it here are the pics from turning my find into poppers:

The ingredients.
poppers001-1.jpg

All the kids into the pool.
poppers002-1.jpg

After being in the over at 350F for about 13 mins and under the broiler for 5 mins.
poppers003-1.jpg

Shoot should have bought more those were good!!

Man they look good..Heading to the grocery store today and known what I am buying for a quick bite to eat before dinner...

Back