• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

A munitions guide to Exploding cucumbers

springs just around the corner and I'm gonna be germinating my exploding cucumber crop for the year! these are tricky but a whole lotta fun! This years really gonna be a "BANG!"

total 12 exploding cucumbers at 2 seeds a pot to be planted to catch the heat wave- :onfire:

get ready cas here comes the BOOOMM!!
And yes they really do blow up! we have the big ones so its not just a small pop either.

But I need help from you guys-
I need a way to keep the cucumbers that go BANG away from the small puppies-
before it was not an issue given we didn't own any small dogs and the old dachshund never liked these but this year we have 2 little dachshund puppies since Burney passed away. And these little pups manage to get into everything from the poisonous nightshade crop to the toxic water stream from the runoff of the ranch. "it's a ranch after all so there is no pipe to the city sewage. ... charming to the last... But yeah they are fine but I'd rather they not get into these. :hell:

I get what you're saying.. you want to keep your pups away from your plants right?? you could try using mothballs.. just put them around your plants and that should be enough to deter them... they dont like the smell so hopefully that'd do the trick!

Pepperfreak said:
Oh my...I never kneww. Are they edible?

Yes, appartly they are not as nice as the other varieties though. I didn't know anything about them, google is my friend!

That is one crazy cuke! What do you do with it???

well, we used standard-cheap from the store- chili powder to keep our pup out of the garbage. Also added a splash of any kind of hot sauce if there was something particularly tempting in the trash. It only took one tiny taste of hot sauce as a pup to cure him. Now all we have to do is hold up a woozy bottle of any brand and he curls his lip and backs away. LOL It's really funny to see! We don't even have the bottle open!

Maybe sprinkle cheap chili powder/cayenne/around the plants. They go sniffing, get a snout-full of peppers, not gonna want to go there again!

see vid///

yes but the big ones are nice looking. a lotta fun too. here have a cucumber..... .... .......... BAAANNNNNGGG!!!! hahaha- you should probably see a doctor..

no-- the small puppy tries to eats mothballs. -

Sometimes it only takes one the puppy to learn -- lifes lessons are the hardest ... just like you know a fires hot

bingo- that's why the mothballs aren't happening- no it looks like I'm gonna have to think something up. I wonder If these would grow well in a very large hanging basket??? do you suppose?

Yeah decided to fork over the 7 euro and buy a bag while watching jarhead. Thought to myself "cucumbers that go BANG? How can I not buy these???"

oh defiantly do it! they are fun! picking new seed is the best! just put on a paintball outfit wear goggles and an athletic cup. then run in the field and watch the carnage! like a mini mine field. most fun I've ever had seed collecting! But take my advise- cover your crotch.... I won't bother saying why.. oh and if you have to fall don't fall face first.
Here are some of the midsized ones,,
[video=youtube;k7HoATaunlE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7HoATaunlE[/video]

[video=youtube;8rBZJgq2tSQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rBZJgq2tSQ&feature=related[/video]

Back