• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

A Mutant Bih Jolokia Plant

QuadShotz

Banned
Well, this plant is the one that I was about to toss on account of it being super sickly and nearly white from IDK what. You can still see on theold bottom leaves how it was.

It's recoverd nicely, but it looks like it's trying to be two plants...very strange. Looks trippy!

S6301607.JPG

S6301608.JPG

S6301609.JPG

Must be just some abnormality...but it's nifty. :D

-QS

My one and only 'hot banana' sprout, seemed to not have a central 'main' stem.. once the cotlydons separated there was nothing else there for some time, (see my latest vid) - but now there's two distinct branches growing out from between the cotlydons. like some kind of siamese twin chilli :) Looks just like your bih here

That's cool Quad. I had a couple oddball sprouts this year, but they were both ones that came up with 3 starter leaves instead of 2. Yours is definitely unique looking too.

rabbit said:
That's cool Quad. I had a couple oddball sprouts this year, but they were both ones that came up with 3 starter leaves instead of 2. Yours is definitely unique looking too.

I had an organge hab that seemed to have 3 cotlydon leaves. i think i ditched it, it seemed stunted or somethign and there's limited room in my grow box hehe

It may be that the plant decided to branch early since it was sickly QS...possibility...

I had a plant or two that did more or less the same without being sick beforehand. Not sure what causes them to branch so early, but it happens. Let's hope it'll also give you twice as many pods!

Back