• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

A Naga I Can't Identify

Hey all. I'm not sure if I messed up or if the vender did. I meant to plant a chocolate habanero but it turned out to be some sort of naga. At first I thought they were odd looking bhut jolokias because they taste just like one. I have some bhut jolokias that look different (straighter and a lot more bumps!). The only naga that hasn't grew that I planted is a Devil's tongue (the one I planned to grow out of many got killed early on from the strong winds here). I don't think they look like Devil's tongues though. If they are not red devil's tongues, then the vender sent me some other type of naga seeds or it's a very odd bhut jolokia plant. They don't look or taste like the naga moriches or bih jolokias I'm growing either. The only other naga type of chile I planted was a red devil's tongue (excluding yellow bhut jolokias). The fruit ripens to red.

Edit: It's possible it's an odd looking bhut jolokia. What do you guys think?
Here are some images:
7689112066_e6cc2d95de_c.jpg

Same Plant:
7878505028_c45e0efcae_c.jpg

I've grown 7pots in different parts of my yard that were different one was smooth the other gnarly pimpled - both hot as lava - there is some variations -- You have great looking pods and a lot of them too

I've grown 7pots in different parts of my yard that were different one was smooth the other gnarly pimpled - both hot as lava - there is some variations -- You have great looking pods and a lot of them too

Yeah, originally I cracked it up to be environmental factors. Then another bhut started producing wicked pimpled out pods, lol. I didn't mind that I messed up and planted an extra bhut too much, since it's doing so well :) . I have three of them, but they are one of my favorite tasting peppers.

are you sure that's that's a bhut jolikia? they look like the air was vacuum sucked out of them
never seen them look like that.. nice plant/pics tho wish I had some.

I'm not too sure. However, they taste exactly like them. I think they look funny too. I'm separating the seeds from that plant and the one that looks like I think a bhut jolokia looks like.

Edit: Maybe I should send some seeds to people if it's different.

do you reuse starting soil?

this happens to me all the time, i start to germinate seed and a cell doesn't germinate after about a month or so, i take the dry soil cell that i thought only had a dead seed and then mix it back into my potting soil. well, you know what that eventually leads to, dormant seeds that sprout. i have 3 of them happening right now. my choice is to pull the seed since i can only guess what they are and i really don't need anymore annuum varieties or grow them out and take a chance that they may be white habs, butchT or several others superhotties that i was hoping for.

before i forget they do look like a bhut of some sort, so whatever you bhut variety that you planted, you can bet....... that is what it is!

if it walks like a duck & quacks like a duck.. it's probably a duck..
chances are it's a bhut jolokia a cross pollinated seed from another one of your plants -or- someone sent to you.

Edit: Maybe I should send some seeds to people if it's different.

I would love to have some of your seeds for this one if you want a small trade.
my bubble envy & stamps are on standby.

if it walks like a duck & quacks like a duck.. it's probably a duck..
chances are it's a bhut jolokia a cross pollinated seed from another one of your plants -or- someone sent to you.

I would love to have some of your seeds for this one if you want a small trade.
my bubble envy & stamps are on standby.

It could of gotten mixed up when transplanting, so I don't know who it could be from. It's not from me though. The spot it's in was suppose to be for a chocolate habanero, lol. I've made mistakes when transplanting before. My bhut jolokias have grown true this year, so I don't what this guy is. I don't mind trading. There is a chance that it's not a hybrid and is a red devil's tongue I think. My red devil's tongues didn't make it this year, so I don't know what they look like.

Back