• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

shopping A product of plants too close?

So I have had some white habs start green, turn lighter green and then turn white. This is my first year growing them. I came home today and found this pepper on one of my white hab plants. Is this normal or a product of being too close to a different plant?

IMG_20130827_172135_332-1.jpg

Forgot to mention it is about 3-4 feet from my Yellow Devil's Tongue peppers.

Being too close to a plant this season won't affect this years crop's genetics. You won't see hybrids (unless the plants grafted, making a chimera hybrid) until you grow the seeds that got crossed. They could've crossed last season, but mostly white and one yellow doesn't sound too freaky.

Dulac said:
Being too close to a plant this season won't affect this years crop's genetics. You won't see hybrids (unless the plants grafted, making a chimera hybrid) until you grow the seeds that got crossed. They could've crossed last season, but mostly white and one yellow doesn't sound too freaky.

I have to agree with Dulac, A plant will allways produce pods with the characteristics of the species u planted, its only the seeds of those pods that will be hybrid when pollinated
by another pepper plant.

Greetz,

Oli

the gold bullet and white bullet habanero are trademarks of the redwood seed company.

i have grown the gold bullet version in the past. i found a company offering, what they labeled the white hab. i bought the plant and turns out it too was a gold. i would stay away from the white bullet habs as they appear to still not be a stable variety. even some websites that offer the white bullet product say they ripen to a yellowish creamy appearance.

for white habs, focus on the white peruvian variety.

Back