event A question for THP Florida members (and anyone else that may be interested)

Hello all!

I am trying to gather information to see who in our community may be interested in attending a 2 day event on our farm in Central Florida (Dade City, FL). We are considering a weekend in April of 2013. We think that would be perfect timing. We have about 12 usable acres for primitive camping if folks are interested in staying overnight. This would be a great opportunity for those interested to share experience and trade with each other, have a contest or two, and just simply have a good time.

We are also interested in finding out if any sauce makers and pepper product makers would like to attend and set up a tent or stand to market their products. We would not charge a fee for this, but it will be first come first serve, and spots will be limited. If there is any interest we will invite representatives from some local markets to attend.

With that said, Jason and I have just returned from a fundraiser in Ft. Myers, FL for Special Operations Warrior Foundation (our primary Charity). We are inspired to contribute in anyway we can, and thought an event like this might generate some contributions for the cause. We are working on getting some live entertainment and speakers for this event for the Saturday afternoon/evening.

If there is enough interest in this event, we will begin the process of getting the required permission and permits, and organizing the entertainment, etc.

Thanks for veiwing this post, and let us know if an event like this is appealing enough for your attendance.
Hope to see you.....here!
Lady Sic

Sounds like fun! Don't forget an Aligator tamer, a cow roper, and 5 Guys catering.
You guys have a perfect spot for this! I hope you have a good turnout.

I'll throw a couple sauces onto the auction table. Just don't let anyone "ThrowItOnTheGround".

Sounds like it could be a fun event. Are there any campgrounds or motels around if folks want some "creature comforts"?

I'll throw a couple sauces onto the auction table. Just don't let anyone "ThrowItOnTheGround".

Sounds like it could be a fun event. Are there any campgrounds or motels around if folks want some "creature comforts"?

There are a few RV parks in the area....one is very close...
There are also a few quaint (in a good way) B&B's in Dade City.
The motels closest to us may offer more "creatures" than comfort, but there are some chain hotels the next exit down (about 10 miles from us).
The Lake Jovita Golf and Country Club is less than 2 miles from us and may provide all the comfort you could desire.........for a price
As we progress, I will work on getting discount rates at various locations for attendees.

Providing sauces for an auction would be awesome! You are the best SL!

Heck Yeah! Sounds like a great time and your very wise to start looking at it a year out. Don't forget he planning for the Portable Facilities for those that want to stay rusticly. Sauces, hummmmm, might not sell any but as for sharing some sauces for a BBQ......

Keep us informed.
RM

Exactly RM! There are so many details to setting up an event like this. That's one reason why getting responses is critical. We really want to get an idea what potential interest is out there, so we can prepare adequately and make this a great event for everyone! Thanks for your support, and don't forget the grill! mmmmmmm....BBQ!
LS

Back