• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

A rather strange wrinkly Pepper

Hi all

Does anyone have any idea what this Chilli is? Very late to fruit. It had white flowers. It has low heat and approx 3-4 inches in length. Its 'crinkly' style is rather strange.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• whatis thisd1.jpg
    whatis thisd1.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 119
  • whatis thisd2.jpg
    whatis thisd2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 105
After eating a few, the crinkle red ones are really low in flavour and just mildly hot. The Green Chillis though are actually really nice but near 0 heat, less then 1000 SHU. They are rather tasty though so would be great to get an ID on them.

Sminky said:
After eating a few, the crinkle red ones are really low in flavour and just mildly hot. The Green Chillis though are actually really nice but near 0 heat, less then 1000 SHU. They are rather tasty though so would be great to get an ID on them.
Well, now that's the first time I ate a green one of those! My Poinsettia(which isn't really the true form IMO): They are pretty low heat green, but I wouldn't call them tasty at any stage, definitely tastiest at the just starting to blush color.. More bitter and a little hotter when ripe. 

CraftyFox said:
Well, now that's the first time I ate a green one of those! My Poinsettia(which isn't really the true form IMO): They are pretty low heat green, but I wouldn't call them tasty at any stage, definitely tastiest at the just starting to blush color.. More bitter and a little hotter when ripe.
Maybe it's a weird cross then. As when Green they are incredible juicy, not unlike a Bell Pepper in taste. Red ones are very tough even though the skin is thin and don't taste much of anything. Maybe thats whey they took so long to 'ripen' :)

Back