• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

A REALLY Late Bloomer ( Another Question - 11/3 )

Hi Guys, This is my Hot Paper Lantern, it has well over 100 flower buds getting ready to pop in the next few weeks. I brought it into work, stuck it under a grow light and have a case fan circulating air in my cubical. *fingers crossed* I'll have peppers in January. LOL, I know, right? Anything else you can suggest to help this little guy along? Thanks :)

Photo_0128.jpg

As long as they let you keep the light on and keep it warm, you might well get pods from it. I've had rocotos late into the winter, so it's possible. Hope it goes well for you!

Since the 19th, Doctor McPepper has almost doubled in size and has exploded in flowers........
however a fair number of them are falling off, which is a little disconcerting. I've done the "Manual"
fertilizing of the flowers (giggity). Any suggestions on limiting the flower fall off?

Pep.jpg

There's the overhead lights and the one grow light off to the side.
Do you think I just need another grow light? That would be easy to add.

Pep2.jpg

Probably best to let one of the resident indoor grow experts weigh in...but I don't think that's nearly enough light for pods. Might have some good foliage though.

By comparison, I've got a t5 4 foot, four tube, specifically designed for growing. Started my plants in December and had one tiny pod by plant out middle of May.

Good luck, plant looks nice

Back