• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

A sneak peek at what I have growing for 2014!!

Jeff H said:
Plants look great. Makes me want to start planting. I have to resist the urge to start planting seeds now. I really should wait until Jan so the plants aren't enormous, but there is no way I will be that patient. My grow area can easily handle 60+ solo cup sized plants, maybe even 1 gal pot sized plants, but not 60+ full grown plants. We have to wait until early May until they go outside. They get huge if started this early. But I know I'm going to do it anyway with at least a few.
If all fails i still have time to sow more seeds between now and february... This season i had started in two parts, in the end of Dec. an the other part in March. You get an early harvest from one and an later harvest from the other... Still have plans on sowing annuums and some other after the new year... Im going to up to my ears in plants

IMAG0493_zpsa7d051df.jpg

IMAG0494_zps477c8f99.jpg

IMAG0491_zpscc236388.jpg

IMAG0489_zps1d7d8673.jpg

IMAG0490_zps33c18bae.jpg

IMAG0487_zpsac60cfa9.jpg

IMAG0488_zps7df70579.jpg

IMAG0485_zps9e5a441f.jpg

IMAG0486_zpsadebcb86.jpg

Will have to take another pic of the final light set up with the 2 4' T5 light fixture, but this will do for now... Have a great weekend folks...

Looking up into the T5 light fixture
IMAG0513_zps8633d2c8.jpg

More seedlings that have made their journey to the light.... Semillas.de seeds
IMAG0517_zps847aaeaf.jpg

Heres how my C. Galapagoense is doing as of tonight folks...
IMAG0519_zps820c3af9.jpg

As always thanks for stopping by and checking out this Glog thingy...

Well its been a week since i have posted in here, since then i entered several sets of chile peppers enter our Fresno County Fair... Got to walking around in the agriculture building where the exhibits are located and stumbled onto where i entered em at...
IMAG0578_zpsc2be2929.jpg

Looked at everything that was on display and saw the ones that my wife and I had entered...
IMAG0597_zps08ce8f82.jpg

Next year I'm hoping to enter more varieties into the fair...

Ok now onto the seeds that i sown on 9/17... I've been patiently waiting for these to show any signs of life...
C. Praetermissum
IMAG0602_zps98f1fffc.jpg

PI 260567 (CGN 23260)
IMAG0603_zpsfacbe052.jpg

Looking down the rows of Capsicums...
IMAG0606_zps10d8c311.jpg

My weekend is over for now, back to the ol grind tomorrow... Good night everyone and thanks for coming in and checking out my Glog thingy..

It seems like just yesterday that i did the last ten day update... Wow has two weeks gone by that fast, well heres to another 10 day update folks... Plants are looking good and showing some good growth on em...

To start em off is the Chocolate Scorpion
IMAG0731_zps392a525c.jpg

SB7J
IMAG0732_zps5ae32b85.jpg

C. Chacoense
IMAG0733_zps417a776d.jpg

Impact
IMAG0735_zps221e09ac.jpg

Yellow 7pot x yellow TS
IMAG0736_zps01c7b009.jpg

Peach Bhut
IMAG0738_zpsf1455c38.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion Cardi yellow
IMAG0740_zps755e8d59.jpg

C. Galapagoense
IMAG0742_zps628d41bf.jpg

Hurrikan
IMAG0744_zps076bb54d.jpg

Short Yellow Tabasco
IMAG0747_zpsc58c2951.jpg

Wait a minute is that what i think it is... Yes it is the first flower bud
Tomorrow will be more pics to come of the rest of the crew... As always thanks for stopping by and checking out my Glog thingy...

I know its been over ten days since the last 10 day update.. Really nothing has changed much in the garage, Plants are still showing growth but with the colder temperatures that have arrived they have slowed down a bit..  Now onto some photos of Capsicums shall we, so here we go..

C. Praetermissum
Seeds from Semillas.de

IMAG0870_zps7f65d32a.jpg

Cap 1141
C. Praetermissum
Seeds from Semillas.de

IMAG0878_zps259e6a68.jpg

CGN 23255
Seeds from Semillas.de

IMAG0872_zps433da8aa.jpg

Here we have two Baccatums
Aji Norteno
Seeds from Semillas.de

IMAG0876_zps9e1551cc.jpg

Aji Pineapple

IMAG0877_zpsca8afddf.jpg

Lets move onto the C. Pubescens

Rocoto Guatemalan Orange
Seeds from Semillas.de

IMAG0874_zps884c6692.jpg

Rocoto San Isidro
Seeds from Semillas.de

IMAG0871_zps2127848c.jpg

Rocoto De Seda
Seeds from Semillas.de

IMAG0875_zps54795b7c.jpg

I'm going to finish this up with a C. Chinense. Thanks everyone for stopping by and checking out my glog...

Beni highlands
Seeds from Semillas.de

IMAG0873_zps377679d5.jpg

Nightshade said:
I love pubescens I need to acquire more. You have got some beautiful varieties there

Thanks for stopping by Nightshade, still trying my hand at growing C. Pubescens... Last season i had two plants that were given to me and only got two pods off of both plants... To top things off I have a yellow rocoto in the ground and to this day hasn't had one flower blossom... Still got my fingers crossed for that one...

Great looking plants. You've convinced me to go for the 4ft T5s.

Are you still bottom watering them now that they're a bit bigger?

Nice variety too, out of curiosity are the pubescens notoriously hard to get fruit from? Is it a climate thing or just generally finicky? I'm trying a few but haven't grown (or tasted) any before so it's quite a mystery.

Nightshade said:
My yellow manzano seeds shoot out a tap root then don't sprout pretty frustrating but I just planted 3more seeds.

What a bummer, hopefully those 3 you just sown will produce 3 healthy seedlings...

AaronRiot said:
Great looking plants. You've convinced me to go for the 4ft T5s.

Are you still bottom watering them now that they're a bit bigger?

Nice variety too, out of curiosity are the pubescens notoriously hard to get fruit from? Is it a climate thing or just generally finicky? I'm trying a few but haven't grown (or tasted) any before so it's quite a mystery.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my glog AaronRiot... This is the first time I am giving the 4' T5's a try and I'm liking how the results are coming out... Yes I am still bottom watering but its at the point that im going to have to think about what I'm going to do with them next, cause the roots on some of them are about 8" long and just circling the bottom cup.. As for the C. Pubescens, I'm pretty sure its the area that I'm trying to grow em in... I've seen another members glog that are growing C. Pubescens, pods galore... But they were closer to the coast where its cooler than it is where I'm at... I have tried a yellow manzano and let me tell you its very tasty and some kick to it as well but no where close to what a super is...

Cool thanks for clarifying that.

I have some y manzanos headed my way too so that's pretty exciting! Good luck with them.

Sounds like a lot of root for those little cups! One thing I've been considering is to sew together some mini grow bags to deal with roots getting a little crazy before pot out. I think I will hopefully be under lights by dec so it's something that's been on my mind. I figured I could get 4 4x4x6s out of a grocery bag. No idea if it's a good idea or would work. I've really got only a summers growing experience and none of that was from seed.

I'll be keepin an eye on your progress!

AaronRiot said:
Cool thanks for clarifying that.

I have some y manzanos headed my way too so that's pretty exciting! Good luck with them.

Sounds like a lot of root for those little cups! One thing I've been considering is to sew together some mini grow bags to deal with roots getting a little crazy before pot out. I think I will hopefully be under lights by dec so it's something that's been on my mind. I figured I could get 4 4x4x6s out of a grocery bag. No idea if it's a good idea or would work. I've really got only a summers growing experience and none of that was from seed.

I'll be keepin an eye on your progress!
Hope you like those yellow manzanos, as for the roots the cup do act like an air pot air pruning the roots.. Some just haven't airpruned yet... Best of luck on your grow when you do start it..

Back