• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

AACT Experiment? Procedure update. 4/6/13

Soooooooo..... I saw the Jobe's organics ingredients and I saw that it had some organic stuff in it like chicken crap and other stuff. So I started by bubbling up the water for about an hour and a half then I grabbed an old sock and put about a hand full in it(my hands are small, it should be about 3 tablespoons) . 2 hours later..... this...

Good? Bad? Suggestions? I'm gona pour some on my selected test subjects just for the fun of this. If it works I'm gona keep doing it. pics....

IMG_20130318_133029.jpg

,Vegas

You know I am beginning to dig your experiments and your willingness to try anything. Good luck and keep the place updated.

Thanks Patrick, I just like to test things for myself ;). If everyone says "no man that ain't gona work" I just say "fuark this! lets run this jazz!". I always liked science and ALWAYS curious about how stuff work. So yes I love experiments, and if I fail no biggie. It's fun anyway :party:

,Vegas

Looks like it should work to me. The main reason I use AACT is it is almost fool proof and so beneficial to feeding the soil and your plants. Just be careful as you will end up brewing it non stop when you realize how much your plants like it! :party:

Add a sugar source and more water.

Yes sir, I have yet to add molasses to the mix.

How would you recommend I add water? I don't have another pump or large container.

Can I just dump the mix on other empty water gallons and put 2 more gallons to the bucket with the bubbler then wait 1 hour and add the mix to the fresh de-clorinated water? Lmk if you get this gibberish, if not I'll try to simplify. Or shoot me a simple suggestion LOL.

,Vegas

You can let water sit overnight to de-chlorinate if you don't have another bubbler handy.

Seems like a good option, I'll try to get the largest food containers I have now, and just let it sit. Should I get hot water from the tap? would that help get the chlorine out?

Thanks guys.

Reporting at 6 Hrs.

IMG_20130318_180358.jpg

,Vegas

A+
See I told you that Jobes wasn't all bad.

It may make a crappy source of nutrients, but it works great as a myco inoculate!

And the sock on the hanger... Tits! good job.

A+
See I told you that Jobes wasn't all bad.

It may make a crappy source of nutrients, but it works great as a myco inoculate!

And the sock on the hanger... Tits! good job.

Thanks man, I never thought I'd get to do something like this. I'm really learning A LOT and I like to read. Most info and stuff I see is from you guys, I owe it to all of you who share experience and knowledge. From my part is just to get confident and say "let's do this" and I'm not afraid of failing. Failure is just part of the learning process. Thank you all for the advice and comments.

I will update with pics of the subjects getting the tea vs just water and both will be on Pro-Mix® soil.

,Vegas

OK, here's what it looks like at 24 hours and 6 hours after I added water with molasses.

IMG_20130319_122723.jpg

Here's a small video of how it looks. I try to lower the foam and it just comes back quick. The color when I take it out on a cup looks like fizzy apple cider. Here's the video.

http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid833.photobucket.com/albums/zz255/sickturbo/VID_20130319_150001.mp4

These are the only ones I have that look the closest to be able to distinguish and difference. 2 Tepin.

IMG_20130319_150225.jpg

,Vegas

Ok so here's what I did.

Things needed. ( you can change or find anything to use instead)

-Wally world 5 gal. bucket.
- 2 x bubble stone.
- 1 dual fitting aquarium pump.
-Measuring scoop--- 1/2 cup.
-Clothes hanger.
-Old sock (with extra fungi :D)
-Grandma's molasses.

20130406_081532.jpg

- Jobe's organics. (All purpose. NPK 4-4-4)

20130406_081319.jpg

20130406_081516.jpg

1. I bubble the water (4 gal.) overnight (no rush)

20130406_081329.jpg

2. I take 1/2 cup of the Jobe's and loaded the sock like this.

20130406_081359.jpg

3. Pop it in the bucket and wait. This is at 8hrs.

20130406_155705.jpg

-At about 12 hrs I do foliar, and about 24 hrs I do the soil. (Once evey 1 1/2 weeks)

Try at your own risk, it worked for me and it may work for you.

, Vegas

Damn. I think I need to try this. My excuse for not doing it before was living in an apartment, but you're showing me that I should. Now to convince the fiance that I need to start doing another weird expirement in our kitchen...

given that you dillute the aact, for many applications there is no need to break out the heavy artillery of a 5gal bucket ... I guess you could do the same in a smaller container, still getting 2-3 quarts of aact out ...

it seems that anybody is shooting for the 20 quarts of the bucket - which is quite a lot unless you have plenty of big plants

cheers
al

given that you dillute the aact, for many applications there is no need to break out the heavy artillery of a 5gal bucket ... I guess you could do the same in a smaller container, still getting 2-3 quarts of aact out ...

it seems that anybody is shooting for the 20 quarts of the bucket - which is quite a lot unless you have plenty of big plants

cheers
al

Hmmm,
I put mine in a pump sprayer, straight (not diluted). I get maybe 4-5 36" plants with one fill ~2-3 gallons. I do a heavy foliar feed and a soil drench.

I would only cut it with water if I had to make it go really far, like for a lawn. Its all a personal preference thing, but I like it nice and rich.

Back