• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

About diet, obesity, etc

I avoid HFCS and MSG like the plague. I can't stand either of them. Well, ok, i try to as much as possible.

Interesting article, I did not know that part about the liver being the only organ able to metabolize HFCS. Kinda scary.

Still love my energy drinks, but that's about the only thing that is full of HFCS that I'll consume regularly. If they'd start making full throttle with real sugar I'd be set lol.

I constantly try to avoid HFCS. Any time I want a Coke, I try to find one imported from Mexico, where they still use real sugar. Same with Dr. Pepper-- the kind bottled in Dublin, TX uses the original recipe, including real sugar.

Pepsi is supposed to be coming out with a HFCS-free version as well.

TexomaHeat said:
I constantly try to avoid HFCS. Any time I want a Coke, I try to find one imported from Mexico, where they still use real sugar. Same with Dr. Pepper-- the kind bottled in Dublin, TX uses the original recipe, including real sugar.

Snapple's been hyping a tea with real cane sugar in it(you know, the "better stuff" commercials), but i have yet to find it on the shelves here.

TexomaHeat said:

Sickmont said:
Snapple's been hyping a tea with real cane sugar in it(you know, the "better stuff" commercials), but i have yet to find it on the shelves here.

sweetened tea - yuck!!! no sugar in my iced tea.

i honestly believe that if you want to set out and prove something you can do it. like sugar is good for you or donuts are healthy. most these things on what's good for you and bad for you i take as a grain of salt. if you eat anything in moderation you will be fine.

I'm English so I have milk in my tea, I like very milky tea. If it was iced I wouldn't be fussed if it was sweet or not because I'm sure I've ever had it.

forget sugar drink and stick to beer simple answer, saying that the only carbonated drink i couldn't live without is IRN BRU and only barrs irn bru all others are rank

Back