• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking ABT's and Meatloaf

food coming off of the bbq

abt's - seasoned cream cheese,colby cheese and pepperoni wrapped in bacon

3 habanero abt's

meatloaf

2yy61zm.jpg

Nice lookin' meat loaf! ABT's? Whats that? Looks like poppers but 'splain me Lucy. That looks like a grill or is it a smoker?

Cheers, TB.

texas blues said:
Nice lookin' meat loaf! ABT's? Whats that? Looks like poppers but 'splain me Lucy. That looks like a grill or is it a smoker?

Cheers, TB.

abt's=atomic buffalo turds=poppers

its a smoker...

they started out in the smoker on the left and finished in the smoker on the right

2lufdvs.jpg

man i gotta make 1 of them file cabinet smokers. using a 4 drawer cabinet
right now, but probably could get by with a 2 drawer 1.

Sauceman51 said:
man i gotta make 1 of them file cabinet smokers. using a 4 drawer cabinet
right now, but probably could get by with a 2 drawer 1.

pretty easy build, i would go with the 4 drawer one then you can use all the drawers if needed... if you dont, you can just move your heat source up to the drawer under what you want to cook

example: look where the cord is coming out of the cabinet

poppers & meatloaf looking really good!
the file cabinet smoker is kinda cool, since you mentioned "cord" is that an electric smoker ?

chilehunter said:
poppers & meatloaf looking really good!
the file cabinet smoker is kinda cool, since you mentioned "cord" is that an electric smoker ?

yes its an electric smoker right now, i do have the option of burning charcoal and tomorrow i will be getting the parts so that i can use propane as well..

my heat source right now is this

10z0k1t.jpg

thats very creative! a multi use smoker/grill that will allow space for bigger meats (& several at once) & you dont need to move a rack to get to the other rack, just open the file drawer :lol: :cool:
you could smoke 3 big turkeys in that!

did you burn the paint off & apply grill paint to it ?

chilehunter said:
thats very creative! a multi use smoker/grill that will allow space for bigger meats (& several at once) & you dont need to move a rack to get to the other rack, just open the file drawer :lol: :cool:
you could smoke 3 big turkeys in that!

did you burn the paint off & apply grill paint to it ?

on the outide there is no need for grill paint, the outside will never get over 300*F and wont melt or blister..

on the inside, yes its clean(no paint) but not painted...just sprayed down with non-stick vegetable spray(pam)... the smoke will cure it and prevent any rusting

future mods on this are going to be:
1. remove the drawers and have slide out shelves inside, that way i can hang sausages in the fall for cold smoking

2. propane conversion

something like this but with expanded metal for shelving

Back