• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Advice Needed. Grow Box Temp

I just checked the temp in my makeshift grow box. Its 90 F.

I've recently made adjustments and I'm thinking that might b a bit warm.

What do you think?

skealo said:
I just checked the temp in my makeshift grow box. Its 90 F.

I've recently made adjustments and I'm thinking that might b a bit warm.

What do you think?

yeah it is hot... i like to keep my room 78F-82F .... how old are the plants ???? what kind of light are you using??? are the lights air cooled??? any fans in there??? any vents???

redeyes said:
yeah it is hot... i like to keep my room 78F-82F .... how old are the plants ???? what kind of light are you using??? are the lights air cooled??? any fans in there??? any vents???

Shoot, I thought so... The plants are about 2 months old, using 6 42 watt CFL, no cooling or fans, but its vented. I should grab some pics...

Might wanan have a small fan with taht much CFL..they do produce quite a bit of heat. Plus, fan makes stronger plants and helps polinate too. :)

I gotta old industrial fan from idk what..looks like a 4" case fan, but runs on 120v. It runs 0.23-.26 Amp @ 18-20W and REALLY pumps out the air. :)

A case fan works good tho..

I had my peppers in a cold frame outside the other day...and it as around 91-94 degrees in it..the pepper plants seemed to love it. Where the Bhut Jolokia peppers come from, I think it is close to their natural growing temperatures.

skealo said:
I've got a couple plants with heavy leaf curl. Could the temp be causing this?

yeah man it could be... just get some fans in there and maybe a vent or 2... put 1 at the top right and the other at the bottom left

Back