• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

advice pehaps?

I put 6 plants in a raised bed a good while ago and only one plant actually showed awesome results the other 5 just stayed the exact same size and are yellowish. the 5 plants that stayed the same are setting peppers and the plants are very very small. this is my first time with a raised bed and im very disappointed, my potted plants are doing amazing and already have tons of pepper and their the same age

should I remove the peppers they already are developing or let them be? 

they usually stop growing if they don't have room to grow.
This would make me think, your soil in the raised bed is bad for some reason. so, ph imbalance causing nutrient lockout, no nutrients in the soil to begin with, no room/really hard soil below, bad drainage cause root death(did you totally enclose the bottom so water can't escape?)

as for keepin the peppers on there it's personal preference, they will probably be underdeveloped / small peppers so you can just take em off, or leave em on but they will take a whileee before you can eat them.

I have the exact same thing.  my peppers are in 5 gal buckets,  most of them grew like weeds, but I have 2-3 that have stayed the exact same size as when I planted them, frustrating

That doesn't look like a raised bed to me. I look like an area surrounded by wood planks. All the raised beds I've used I've filled to the top with soil (hence raising the bed). The level of the soil you have there looks the same as ground level. If it's just ground level and you threw a small layer of top soil and mulch over the existing area then I may just be lack of room. I may be just looking at it wrong too. 

Looks to me like it could be a nitrogen deficiency, as the older leaves seems to be yellowing. What soil do you have in there? Is that just mulch on top, or are there a lot of wood chips in the soil? I know that when organic matter with a very low N:C ration (like wood, at 1:300) decomposes, the microbes responsible for the decomposition will source the nitrogen they need to break the organic matter down from the surrounding soil...which can rob plants of the nitrogen that they need to grow. Another thought...did you break up the root balls when you transplanted? They could be rootbound too.

ColdSmoke said:
That doesn't look like a raised bed to me. I look like an area surrounded by wood planks. All the raised beds I've used I've filled to the top with soil (hence raising the bed). The level of the soil you have there looks the same as ground level. If it's just ground level and you threw a small layer of top soil and mulch over the existing area then I may just be lack of room. I may be just looking at it wrong too. 
its four wooden boards high one is under ground, i wanted them a little lower to protect from wind and rabbits 
Der Metzgermeister said:
Looks to me like it could be a nitrogen deficiency, as the older leaves seems to be yellowing. What soil do you have in there? Is that just mulch on top, or are there a lot of wood chips in the soil? I know that when organic matter with a very low N:C ration (like wood, at 1:300) decomposes, the microbes responsible for the decomposition will source the nitrogen they need to break the organic matter down from the surrounding soil...which can rob plants of the nitrogen that they need to grow. Another thought...did you break up the root balls when you transplanted? They could be rootbound too.
i threw some low grade wood chip filled dirt on top since i dident have mulch, i mixed my own soil some perlite some peat moss threw in some steer manure  and the rest some really good miricle grow potting soil. im thinking i dident throw in enough nutes, thanks for the help

Back