• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Aerogarden pepper...but is it a Bhut?

This came from a friend who truly grew Bhuts last year. He gave me some seeds. Well, the big plant you see here in my aerogarden is only about 6 weeks old. The leaves are HUGE. The hood is at the lowest setting, and it's just squat as hell! Tell me what you guys think this could be:

o0WGj.jpg

Oh wow that thing is wicked! Wish my plants would look like that at six weeks. Might have to invest in a little hydro setup to get these plants going next year haha.

-J

I'll snap some more pics tonight. I was so shocked that, as you can see, I have a few more seedlings of unknown origin that went in recently.

Those other seedllings seem to be trembling in fear of those massive leaves coming towards them. Those things look like they'd make a nice blanket!

Wow, that is a crazy looking plant! Looks a lot like a trinidad scorpion to me. With a lot of my bhuts, nagas, bihs, etc. I can see some of the frutescens genes in the leaves. They leaves are usually a little skinnier. My scorpions all have those giant, fat, wide leaves. I'm not saying it isn't a bhut jolokia, or suggesting that it's a trinidad scorpion, I'm just saying that's what it looks like. That's a nice looking plant though!

Wow, that is a crazy looking plant! Looks a lot like a trinidad scorpion to me. With a lot of my bhuts, nagas, bihs, etc. I can see some of the frutescens genes in the leaves. They leaves are usually a little skinnier. My scorpions all have those giant, fat, wide leaves. I'm not saying it isn't a bhut jolokia, or suggesting that it's a trinidad scorpion, I'm just saying that's what it looks like. That's a nice looking plant though!

I'm thinking it's NOT a bhut. Right before I read your post, I was outside looking at plants I KNOW are Bhut Jolokia. the leaves are indeed skinnier. In fact, I don't have anything in my pots outside that looks like this. Anyway, it just got too damned big for the aerogarden. It was casting a shadow on all the other pods. So, today it got transplanted. Check out this bad boy!

Check out these roots!!

6g0Yg.jpg

and all potted up in Pro-Mix BX with a couple inches of worm castings on top!

oU8Q5.jpg

I hope it makes it. I moved it to the garage under a 4-tube T-5 fixture with a fan blowing over it. After a few days, if it's doing well, I'll move it outside (in the shade) for a few hours each evening...then give it a little sun...I'm going to take it real slow. I don't want to lose this one. :)

Back