• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

cloning Aeroponic cloner project

utf-8BSU1HMDAzNTYtMjAxMjA1MTgtMDc1MS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAxNjktMjAxMjA0MjgtMDc0Ni5qcGc.jpg

Root showing after 7 days ( 1 of 8)
utf-8BSU1HMDA0MDctMjAxMjA1MjUtMDgxMS5qcGc.jpg

hey JB, did you use any rooting hormone or such? i have never been successful at cloning peppers, perhaps it is where i make my initial cut. rosemary i can do, pepper no! my next experiment in cloning will be on goji berry and haskap honey berry. i have a large douglah and butch that i would like to try next but didn't want to sacrifice a branch.

Nice, I run a 48 site turbo klone. Pepper can be a little difficult. Looks like you are off to a great start.

Hey BC,, just using tap water, with no nutrient or rooting hormone. This is my first time using aerocloner, back then when i used dirt, the success rate very low too.
Using this method, after ten days, i can see roots from 2 of 8 clones

Wow 48 site, i don't have large space to grow alot . Hopefully with this method i can get 8 of 8 :)

Nice looking system jungleboy. I use aeroponics extensively - seedlings, cloning, and straight-up growing. Regarding cloning, a couple different research papers have demonstrated aero is superior to other methods due to the relatively high concentration of dissolved oxygen in the root zone. Attached is a picture of a small aero manifold I use for display/holding plants at farmers markets.

Keep up the good work and best of luck this season!

Aero_18gal.jpg

Back