• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

after the bhut jolokia fruit for the first time, how long will it take to re-fruit ?

after a bhut jolokia make peppers and i harvest them, how much time will it take to re-"fruit" and produce peppers ?

thanks.

It should be in a continual process of flowering and fruiting for as long as the climate/weather is suitable.
Once they start fruiting my chillies keep cropping until the first frost(if we get one) Some years we have no frosts at all and other winters we can have a up to 14 frosts.

Like Sandgroper said, it's a continual process. As long as conditions are favorable you should see flowers, immature pods, and ripening pods all at the same time.
I have noticed on some plants that there is a maximum number of pods the plant will try to ripen at one time. Once it reaches that number it will slow down or stop blooming. Pick some of them off and it will bloom and set more fruit.

^+1 they don't just grow and ripen in groups. Peppers will always be starting and be midway and be ripening all at once.

My experience has been mixed - some plants continually produce, others do produce in groups. Of course, those with extreme weather conditions (such as a period of high heat) know that many plants won't produce during those extreme conditions, hence giving the appearance of groups. (ie - the plants might continually produce if the extremes were not experienced.)

Back