• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

After the paper towel ?

When I take the seeds from the paper towel after they sprouted. Do I bury them or them or do i put the tail under ground with the casing facing the light?

if seed casing is still on bury them with root pointing down.

if they are sprouted leave the cotys above the soil.

I notice you mentioned helmet head, I am guessing that is a seedling that has the seed stuck on its head? Can you explain the "surgery" you speak of? I've got 2 plants like this and thought maybe they'd correct on their own, but its been a while.

Thanks
Chris

Ring-of-Fire said:
I notice you mentioned helmet head, I am guessing that is a seedling that has the seed stuck on its head? Can you explain the "surgery" you speak of? I've got 2 plants like this and thought maybe they'd correct on their own, but its been a while.

Thanks
Chris
I have had a couple of those and what I did was to very gently pry the seed casing off so as not to rip or tear or damage the cotyledons.

sirex said:
I have had a couple of those and what I did was to very gently pry the seed casing off so as not to rip or tear or damage the cotyledons.
Exactly. I used an eye dropper to get the casing a little moist, then with tweezers I squeeze the top and bottom of the shell while gently sliding back. It makes it easier if the cotys are slightly showing, as if they're close to removing it themselves. If gripping top and bottom are too hard, pinch the seam furthest out and gently pull

Back