• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Air injection into flooded garden

Some of my gardens were under 1-2 ft of water they have not responded well.  The ground water is only 6 in down in places.  I know from aquaponics/HP experience that the roots need air to survive under water.  As an experiment I took a piece of brake line and fashioned it to a air nozzle from compressor.  I injected air around the roots, the ground rose up and water/bubbles immediately came to the surface all around the plants.  I don't know if it will save them but it's worth a shot.

Before pic of cherry tomato's looking sad.

Injecting the air. 

Hopefully I will have some after success pics. 

Any thoughts?

hope it works out for you.

here is a pic of my current injection system, much more controlled than what you have to contend.

last year i used this system on red habaneros and it worked great, this butchT was a couple of years old and has never produced a pod, so i borg'ed it into an air injection solution - has a couple of flowers now and roots have exited out of the bottom of the first container and are fluffy white.

moruga welder said:
don't know what to say my friend , just a damn shame .  might be to late .  
I have plenty of other toms, peppers and others in great shape.  I have backup propagated black and sugar drop cherries ready to go if needed.  I always keep backup for pest/disease/frost and other issues.  The middle 2 plants are Ambrosia Gold which are not pictured look fine.  The cherries are more for the girls, kids and neighbors...so I can't let them down.  The only veg that concerns me at this point is pole beans....but there is time to give it another go.  Otherwise I'm flush!

Burning Colon said:
hope it works out for you.

here is a pic of my current injection system, much more controlled than what you have to contend.

last year i used this system on red habaneros and it worked great, this butchT was a couple of years old and has never produced a pod, so i borg'ed it into an air injection solution - has a couple of flowers now and roots have exited out of the bottom of the first container and are fluffy white.

I have found this to be true in any potted plant...AP/HP/Soiless.  Once they quit growing the roots are clogged and can't breath.  There is no nute to fix them which is what most seek.  Clean the roots and repot.  I suppose air injection or aerated liquid blasts can do the same thing. 

Back