• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Aji Ayuyo experience?

Sure. I grew it this season.  Germinated fast and grew strong.  Doesn't seem to mind hot or cool weather.  I got solid production from mine - say, 4/5.  Pods mature from purple to cream to red when ripe.  Heat is maybe 4/10.  I read lots about the great flavor of the pods, but I didn't think they were particularly special.  I'd definitely let them get full ripe to be their best.  I'd grow it again in the future because the plant is cool, but I'd probably just dry the pods for powder - not that they're bad, though.  They might even be decent as a sauce base.

CaneDog said:
Sure. I grew it this season.  Germinated fast and grew strong.  Doesn't seem to mind hot or cool weather.  I got solid production from mine - say, 4/5.  Pods mature from purple to cream to red when ripe.  Heat is maybe 4/10.  I read lots about the great flavor of the pods, but I didn't think they were particularly special.  I'd definitely let them get full ripe to be their best.  I'd grow it again in the future because the plant is cool, but I'd probably just dry the pods for powder - not that they're bad, though.  They might even be decent as a sauce base.
Thanks CaneDog about what I expected. I'm thinking of using it in another crossing project.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Back