• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in Startup Help.

recipe Aji Chombo sauce

I really enjoyed the flavor of the Chombo sauces in Panama, which is why I tracked down the seeds from Baker Creek at the beginning of this last season.

After harvesting a good 50 pods or so, I started hunting for a recipe. It took me a bit to find one that didn't read like an AI word salad, but here's a screenshot of the archive(org) page of a recipe from Latin American/Caribbean chef working in Brooklyn. I just made it last night, and I can highly recommend it. Very tasty and very simple. I'm currently trying another, similar recipe that has me fermenting the peppers and onion for a week or two first, and will follow-up when I have that made.

1725906247473.png

Source: http://web.archive.org/web/20230306...ordpress.com/2010/12/11/panamanian-hot-sauce/

PXL_20240909_044624785.jpg

@Marturo just wondering if you saw this thread/recipe. You've got quite the harvest of them, didn't know if this would come in handy.
So far we have frozen, dried & put some in vinegar. We do have more coming in so yes indeed this recipe looks really good.
I have not grown or eaten any Red Scotch Bonnets, however after eating this pepper from Panama I am saving seed for next season this one's a real keeper.

1726353960065.png

Back