• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Aji Lemon Drop Question

Question: A week or so ago I went to check my peppers only to discover an emergency. Something had snapped my only Aji Lemon Drop Pepper plant completely in half. I put the top half in a cup of water with rooting hormone, and the bottom half is still in the ground doing well. The top half however has peppers on it. It's doing well considering, but the peppers, which were still green are now turning a darker brownish purple color. I've never grown Lenon Drops before. Is that what they do normally before they turn yellow, or is this plant stressed and doing something weird like maybe the peppers are dying or something?

Pic

Attachments

• IMG_20210704_125311906_HDR_1.jpg
    IMG_20210704_125311906_HDR_1.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 116
aaront596 said:
Question: A week or so ago I went to check my peppers only to discover an emergency. Something had snapped my only Aji Lemon Drop Pepper plant completely in half. I put the top half in a cup of water with rooting hormone, and the bottom half is still in the ground doing well. The top half however has peppers on it. It's doing well considering, but the peppers, which were still green are now turning a darker brownish purple color. I've never grown Lenon Drops before. Is that what they do normally before they turn yellow, or is this plant stressed and doing something weird like maybe the peppers are dying or something?

A great treatise on this issue:

Aji Pineapple? turning...black

Back