• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Aji Limon

A post made over a year ago mentioned this strain -- a Capsicum chinense from Peru, apparently one of the higher-altitude habitats -- as one of the fastest-maturing strains of C. chinense.
There's also a C. baccatum with a similar name, and an entire thread somewhere on this forum that clarifies the confusion over the names, but i don't even remember which sub-forum it's in.
I'll follow this topic -- i'm going to enjoy watching your progress.

mpicante said:
Nice looking plant.Growing two crosses this year.One plant is aji limon x brown moruga and ani limon x ch brain.

Great stuff. I`m very interested in chinense x baccatum crosses

This was posted in Jan 2014,

Very confusing situation indeed. Not all vendors get it right, so whoever you order your seeds from could have it differently. Indiana_jesse has it right, to the best of my knowledge.

Aji limo is usually a red C.chinense (had them from Peru - see Indiana_jesse above)
Aji mochero is a yellow C.chinese, similar to, or the same as, Aji limon, also the yellow form of Aji limo
Aji limon is a yellow C.chinense, also known as CGN 19211. It is also know as Hot lemon habanero
Aji lemon or lemon drop is a C.baccatum, also known as CGN 17036

Back