• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

aji red

curious as to if others growing aji red have their pods go through this stage of color before going to red ?
the place I bought them from says they turn brownish before turning red, seems strange. (they're more brownish than what the picture shows)
could this really be an aji red ?

DSCF1863.jpg

Err, chilehunter, I've got 4 Aji Red plants going in full swing and I have never seen a brown pod. They seem to go from a yellowish color to light red then a nice bright red color when they are ripe. However, I do believe that you have an Aji because the stem and the stem connection to the pod looks like my Aji Red, but that is where the similarities end.

I am growing various peppers that ripen from green to black/brown to red. I'm not growing Aji Red though and haven't seen any Ajis doing that, only annuums and pubescens.

CH...that looks like a Pasilla to me...especially if it stays brown..

thanks all, gotta love this website & folks!

I had the feeling it was another mistake/mislabel but wanted to ask anyways for just by chance it did turn red & I wasnt giving it enough time to do so.
my only other guess was aji brown (staying in the family) but it didnt look like that either. it does look alot like an pasilla bajio.
like I said its more brownish, with hints of red tinge to it, better picture

DSCF1881.jpg

I must say for being a mistake I'm kinda glad it happened, otherwise most likely I would of never tried to grow it before.
it has a wonderful flavor, IMO smells/taste kinda appleish or ?
now I gotta grow more of these next season so I can have a bunch of powder :lol: & I might of found a chile (this type) to replace other bell types.

Back