• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting AJs 13th Harvest 09-23-09

AlabamaJack

eXtreme
It looks like it is left up to the annuums to continue to keep my poundage count up...mostly annuums of course...

There are literally 10s of thousands of chinense pods that have set over the past 7-10 days...they really like this cooler weather....

a little over 10 pounds

Harvest1309-23-09List.jpg

pic 1

092109d011.jpg

pic 2

092309a003.jpg

Tepins...these are the wild waco tepins I grew last year and two plants lasted thru the winter outside with only being cut back...temps got down to 19.5F this past winter and they survived right out in the open...

there are 600-700 tiny pods of pure fire here and they only weigh 100 grams...these will add the immediate harsh up front burn to the lips and tongue for my creations....

092309a004.jpg

Here are the numbers that compare last year to this year, 2009 total to date, 2008 total to date last year, 2008 total harvest weight, and the weight to go for me to beat last years total harvest...

9-23-09weightcomparison.jpg

Great mix of Texas chile you got AJ. Your statistics of the comparison is very encouraging for the remainder of the season. I wonder if it's the different climate we have why different chile grow better. Do chinense not like the dry heat but annuums don't seem to care, I don't know? I wish I had more jalapeno and anaheim stuffing peppers those look so good, and would love to have a snuff box full of tepins. Hope your chinense really begin to produce large quantity soon. Popper time.

Nice looking harvest AJ. Those tepins look tasty, but I'm all small podded out for a while. Too much work picking and de-stemming. Your poundage is amazing.

Nice pickens AJ. I had my first Tepin the other day and for such a small pepper, I was amazed at the punch it had. What does the Hungarian Death taste like? Is it like a hot Hungarian?

Harvesting those tepins must drive you mad. Very nice though. I can't wait to see the harvest shots when your superhots start doing their thang.

IMO, the more you pick, the more they will produce...

cmpman1974 said:
Nice AJ. Why do you pick so many peppers unripe?

the wife likes green jalapenos better than red, and I like the banana peppers at this stage better than fully ripe....

Pepperfreak said:
I was curious about that too...Those Mariachi peppers are fantastic ripe (red). They have a whole new sweeter taste to them.

I am using the mariachis to make poppers with and needed them...

AlabamaJack said:
IMO, the more you pick, the more they will produce...

the wife likes green jalapenos better than red, and I like the banana peppers at this stage better than fully ripe....

I am using the mariachis to make poppers with and needed them...

Oh, got it and thanks. It ALL makes sense to me know...:lol:

Back