• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

AJs 2018 Grow Log

I might as well go ahead and start my growlog for 2018, since I have already started thinking about updating the lighting in my growrage.

I intend it to be a diary I write in almost daily, definitely days I am working the process.

I hope and pray everyone has a very successful 2018 in whatever endeavor you choose.

AJ

Best of luck. I'm interested to follow your grow. I have started some of my seedlings already (just a few), in hopes that I can have some decent size plants in the beginning of my season.

IdahoPepper said:
Best of luck. I'm interested to follow your grow. I have started some of my seedlings already (just a few), in hopes that I can have some decent size plants in the beginning of my season.
you're going to have a jungle. hope you have the space and lights for it.

Malarky said:
you're going to have a jungle. hope you have the space and lights for it.

Haha that's kind of what I'm hoping for. I setup a new grow room a couple of weeks ago. I had to restrain myself from starting more, but I know that it's going to get filled up in a few months.

AlabamaJack said:
I might as well go ahead and start my growlog for 2018, since I have already started thinking about updating the lighting in my growrage.

I intend it to be a diary I write in almost daily, definitely days I am working the process.

I hope and pray everyone has a very successful 2018 in whatever endeavor you choose.

AJ

IdahoPepper said:
AJ- what are you growing for 2018?

Idaho- I grew up in Boise! Your grow season is short. Are you just starting the plants indoors and moving them outside for the hot summer?

DiddleDatil said:

AJ- what are you growing for 2018?

probably 5 or so of:

Long Tail Scorpion

7 Pot

Billy Biker Japs (~20)

Super Cayenne

Ristra Cayenne

Maybe a White Bullet Hab (if I can find seeds)

A few anaheims & cascabels

definitely serrano

maybe a Carolina reaper although I understand the taste is not as good as a 7 pot (which is my favorite)

I have so many seeds it isn't funny...well over a thousand and probably 80 varieties....seeds are old and I may not get germination rates I have had in th3 past, but they have been in a sealed container in sealed seed bags at room temp for a long time...

oh, and I forgot mama tepin...she is more of a shrub in my front flower bed and loves it there...

I have a lot of work to do between now and seed starting time.. and even more to get my drip fertigation system set up...need new drippers, controllers, etc...

In 2011 I grew I got the bug and had my cousin grow 1760 T. Scorps for me that I lost my A** on......

if you are interested you can view videos of my grows from 2010-2011-2012 on youtube.... just search AlabaJack1 and that's me...if there are no pepper videos, you are at the wrong place..heres a link

https://www.youtube.com/user/AlabamaJack1

I would also beg a few Datil seeds from you if possible...gladly pay you for them... I have not had a good strain of Datil seeds in about 8 years...I used to get them from someone in J-ville...

if you haven't noticed, I tend to ramble a lot...

AJ

AlabamaJack said:

probably 5 or so of:

Long Tail Scorpion

7 Pot

Billy Biker Japs (~20)

Super Cayenne

Ristra Cayenne

Maybe a White Bullet Hab (if I can find seeds)

A few anaheims & cascabels

definitely serrano

maybe a Carolina reaper although I understand the taste is not as good as a 7 pot (which is my favorite)

I have so many seeds it isn't funny...well over a thousand and probably 80 varieties....seeds are old and I may not get germination rates I have had in th3 past, but they have been in a sealed container in sealed seed bags at room temp for a long time...

oh, and I forgot mama tepin...she is more of a shrub in my front flower bed and loves it there...

I have a lot of work to do between now and seed starting time.. and even more to get my drip fertigation system set up...need new drippers, controllers, etc...

In 2011 I grew I got the bug and had my cousin grow 1760 T. Scorps for me that I lost my A** on......

if you are interested you can view videos of my grows from 2010-2011-2012 on youtube.... just search AlabaJack1 and that's me...if there are no pepper videos, you are at the wrong place..heres a link

https://www.youtube.com/user/AlabamaJack1

I would also beg a few Datil seeds from you if possible...gladly pay you for them... I have not had a good strain of Datil seeds in about 8 years...I used to get them from someone in J-ville...

if you haven't noticed, I tend to ramble a lot...

AJ
I am one to believe that Reapers are more of a novelty pepper. Definitely not as flavorful as the 7 pots (which actually remind me quite a lot of a Datil). I say that as my husband and I literally just started germinating a dozen Reaper seeds..... so whos really to say.

As for the seeds - we would gladly share! Its common knowledge here in Fl that there has been about a decade of diseased plants/seeds. I planted 25 seeds and ended up with 12 good healthy plants when all was said and done. Since they are real heirloom Datils, they need a good bit of topping during vegetative phase or else they want to get leggy..... but with good soil and plenty of food they will definitely thrive!

That is an awesome backyard and a crazy amount of plants! I noticed my plants do better with a shade cloth here in Texas as well. How do you keep all the aphids and bugs off your plants?

Genetikx said:
I'm looking forward to your grow AJ and think your older seeds will pop just fine. Good luck in '18

Let's get a pic of mama tepin!

I will post a pic when I get back to Ft. Worth...currently I am in Pcola with my dear mother...

ReaperTheRed said:
That is an awesome backyard and a crazy amount of plants! I noticed my plants do better with a shade cloth here in Texas as well. How do you keep all the aphids and bugs off your plants?

thank you Reap....as far as aphids/bugs....it is a constant battle....it takes a long time to inspect  the plants, but I religiously check each plant each day...

AJ

Back