• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

condiment AJ's Bhut Salsa

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Not an official review or anything just sitting here watching the Super Bowl with AJ's salsa so...

Quickfire Review:
AJ's Bhut Salsa

At first glance I wan't sure I was gonna like it. Big chunks of green and white (onions and jalapenos I believe), and barely any red (no tomatoes, the red is bhuts). This is not your normal tomato type salsa. It's more of a bhut chutney. It has a sugary sweet hit, and a nice bhut kick and is quite addictive. It's very good with chips and I'm still eating it. Even though my take on this is it's a chutney, it works with chips so maybe it is a salsa. That sweet hit (table sugar?) and onions "chutnefied" it for me though. Forget labeling it... let's just call it... WIN! Thanks AJ!

thanks for the great review boss...I was hoping you like it...I kinda like the "call it WIN"...

the hint of sweetness is agave nectar...

Thanks for pointing that out! I knew it has a syrupy quality. Never tried the stuff. Well, have now. I need to get me some!

it is anywhere 2 to 3 times sweeter than sugar IMO...and the price ain't bad either...less than 5 bucks for a 8 ounce bottle...

and I'm gigglin about the tomatoes...equal parts tomatos, onion, and peppers

Yes I thought there were tomatoes at first, but really there were not many. It was mostly green and white and when I looked for tomatoes I bit on a red naga piece so I thought there were none.

I'm still eating it, and yeah, found one. Not many here I'm telling ya. And they are "naga soaked" so they fooled me at first lol.

AJ I spooned some out so you can see. Maybe mine didn't get the same tomato ratio. Not complaing though, just showing a pic. It's mostly onions, jalapenos, and bhuts.

Attachments

• ajsbhutsalsa.jpg
    ajsbhutsalsa.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 82
AJ I polished off the jar, if that says anything. This was just a quickfire review as I ate it, so sorry if I missed something, like the tomatoes.

no problem man...that could have been one of the last jars canned...i noticed the tomatos were on top but didn't think anything about it...

glad you liked it anyway....and thank you again for the kind words...

Pie with 'shrooms, 'chokes, and olives... and AJ's salsa!

I've never put salsa on pizza but it works. No reason it shouldn't. I'll be doing this more often.

Attachments

• ajsbhutsalsapizza.jpg
    ajsbhutsalsapizza.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 66
Square pie? Gimme a shot without the salsa, I want to compare to what I did yesterday. Being that I was going for NY Style and all.

Okies. Square, plum tomato sauce, mozz, toppings. Not classic NY style but a good joint. Here:

Attachments

• squarepie.jpg
    squarepie.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 69
Hmm. I think you me it like "that ain't square man" but you made me think... you're right, it's a rectangle lol.

Pi r round, Cornbread r square...

Back