• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting AJs Harvest 06-17-08

AlabamaJack

eXtreme
A virtual plethora of peppers...pretty colors..

061708harvest1.jpg

Detailed Photo with labels

harvestdetail061708.jpg

Close up of Nagas

061708harvest3.jpg

Close up of largest Naga...god this is going to be hot...

061708harvest4.jpg

You rock! Great looking peppers and photos...Those Nagas looks wicked. Butter have some bread and a gallon of milk handy...LOL :lol:

Yes, I located the Wild Tepin. It's on the sissors.

Man, I;m really kicking myself. It's half way through June and I don't have a greem or red pepper to show for my effprts.............................AGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Beautiful harvest ,my peppers still need few weeks to harvest,
I have a lot green but not read peppers
and this subject is raising a question ...
should I harvest green cayenne peppers or should I wait for them to turn red,the same in response to Hungarian wax and Pepperoncini,
How do you guys harvest them green or red?????:?:

AJ - nice harvest, but why so many green chiles ? I can understand buying some green chiles if needed or harvesting some because they've falling off the plant but to pick/harvest greenies. I dont know understand.

Hungarian wax turn some red on them when ripe. or some type of wax chiles do (forget which type I've grown before)

& yep no pods growing on my plants yet :(

thanks all...

Just be patient guys...remember, I am about a month ahead of you for my grow season....

I figured IGG would get the tepin thing... :lol:

reason I picked the green peppers...I like the taste of green peppers...the cayennes, hungarians, and serranos will be the subject of fresh pico de gallo and what is not used will redden over the next 3-4 days anyway...to me, if you pick the fruit, the plant will produce more chiles...JMO...what is not used for pico, will be eaten or dried and used to start my powder stash to get me thru winter until next harvest...

Great pics AJ! Very pro!
I can't wait for me own harvest! may go out and give mine some guano to get em spurting on!

the nagas look mean and hot A.J..Its going to be a hot time in your house,Great harvest only a couple of Prarie Fire pods for me so far :)

aj...great peppers....i noticed in another thread that you grow cilantro....i planted a couple plants this year....the are flowering now...... are they done producing or can i cut them back and start over? Use the naga for the pico !!!!

mrwicks said:
aj...great peppers....i noticed in another thread that you grow cilantro....i planted a couple plants this year....the are flowering now...... are they done producing or can i cut them back and start over? Use the naga for the pico !!!!

I have been pinching the flowers off the tops, but it seems the cilantro is almost done...I am going to start some more next week so I can still have fresh cilantro along with tomato and onion I am growing...

The naga pico would be a bit much for my sweet wife...I have just now gotten her to where I can use a little orange hab in the pico along with serrano, cayenne, and japs...

Nice one! Oh, Hi PhilipPerv, the naga morich seeds that I bought from you on eBay are doing well, 9 out of 10 sprouted. Thanks Dude!

-Aaron
ebay name: dahliasuppliers

Gardenkiller - I just noticed yesterday there are several of the pods are starting to turn red...I ate one early on and it had no heat so I will eat one of the ripe ones to check it out...the peppers are absolutely black when growing...I thought they were extremely dark purple but the wife says they are black...

Gnildir - Welcome to the THP...those nagas are from Philliperv too and are good producers

Back