• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting AJs Last Harvest of 2011

Like everyone else said, there is always next year. I am also incredibly sorry to see that Roscoe passed on. As a dog owner myself, I know how hard it is to lose a member of the family. Ike looks very handsome though. I hope you have countless great years with him. Also, I like your attitude. Focusing on the positives. Hopefully next season doesn't turn out as bad as you think it will. Forgive me for not looking this up, but how did things turn out with that area you had covered with shade cloth?

Like everyone else said, there is always next year. I am also incredibly sorry to see that Roscoe passed on. As a dog owner myself, I know how hard it is to lose a member of the family. Ike looks very handsome though. I hope you have countless great years with him. Also, I like your attitude. Focusing on the positives. Hopefully next season doesn't turn out as bad as you think it will. Forgive me for not looking this up, but how did things turn out with that area you had covered with shade cloth?

thanks Josh...I miss my Roscoe terribly bad and am just now getting to where I can talk about him and not tear up...I firmly believe that Roscoe guided us to Ike...he knew Ike needed a good loving home and that Linda and I could give him one...

as far as the shade cloth goes...I couldn't tell any difference this year with the extremes we had...it DID keep the hail off of my plants though which is a good thing....

as far as the shade cloth goes...I couldn't tell any difference this year with the extremes we had...it DID keep the hail off of my plants though which is a good thing....

Do you plan on experimenting with it in the future? It might pay off in less extreme seasons?

Josh...I think the shade cloth by itself won't do much good in our summer...I would probably need a misting system and fans in order for it to do much good...JHMO...

I put all of these peppers in large brown grocery bags the day I harvested them and today, I started pulling them out, halving them for dehydration...

have decided to dehydrate and grind into powder all of these...that way, I can play with spice mixtures until next spring/summer/fall when fresh pods come back in...

pics of the scorpions ready and in the dehydrator...got the Excalibur 3926T set for 115F and 24 hours...

12-12-11a001.jpg

12-12-11a002.jpg

12-12-11a003.jpg

12-12-11a004.jpg

12-12-11a006.jpg

would love to move back to Pensacola (or back to where I was born in Rocky Creek, Mississippi) but my sweet wife can not handle the humidity....

my roots go back to the late 1820s in south Alabama/Mississippi and some of the land that my ancestors were given Patents on is still in the family...

Back