• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

all but forgotten peppers

Several days ago I discovered 9 hot pepper plants that were all but forgotten. I had started these peppers from seed and somehow they got mixed in with some flowers also started from seed. In mid June I replanted from the containers to a small flower plot along the front of the house. I had plum forgot all about those peppers and somehow they got mixed in with the flowers.

I did notice that familiar pepper flower but paid it no mind. A few days ago I see a pepper growing nicely. A "Doh" moment for sure. They seemed to be growing a bit on the slow side so I transplanted to a spot in the garden with the jalapeno's and hot banana's.

With the heat wave were in it was a tuff move for them but they're doing great now. Don't know what they are yet but it could be any of five varieties; Anaheim, Long Red Slim Cayenne, Serrano Chili, Jalapeno M, or Hungarian Wax. They're from a Burpee Pepper pack (All Alarm Hot Mix)

I was excited!

Back