food Alligator Sauce Piquant

Photo-0187.jpg

This is what I made for Dinner and Doctrine yesterday.

5 lbs alligator
6 lg. cans of diced tomatoes
1 bunch of celery
6 sticks of butter
4 bags of frozen chopped bell pepper
2 bags of frozen diced onions
4 tbls of minced garlic
tyme, oregano, basil
2 jalapenos
Tony Chacheries to spice.

Now that looks very tasty...!!How was it?
Could this be served over rice and considered to be an alligator etouffee?
I've still got a couple pounds of gator in the freezer....(extra I purchased for our Fat Tuesday feast).. I just might need to give your recipe a try this weekend....maybe toss in some diced andouille also....just because.
Thx.

As a kid I would put snappers, red ears, and soft shells in the sink, and they were dinner from Grandma RIP and it was good, i just wish i knew how to clean em' I can catch them all day long behind the house... doe's frog work...?
Ohio07Froggin003-1.jpg

:beer:

I'm sure you all down there could use croc instead. :) In fact any sort meat does well in it, even wallabys I bet. ;)

Wallaby? Still a little tough, would have to slow cook it for at least 3 hours. Makes you wonder how long you'd have to cook yourself to be edible, but theoretically it would take so long that the meat would go off!

Game meats are indeed awesome!

Well I've been keeping it kosher for years now, but I did enjoy a good alligator steak once.

Well depending on the which end of the scale you're on from Hasidic to Reformed to Secular traditionalist, you could just have them butchered kosherly. I've known Jews to eat pork that was butcher kosher.

But personally I just go with Rabbi Yeshua who declared all foods clean. :)

Well depending on the which end of the scale you're on from Hasidic to Reformed to Secular traditionalist, you could just have them butchered kosherly. I've known Jews to eat pork that was butcher kosher.

But personally I just go with Rabbi Yeshua who declared all foods clean. :)
lol
No, I don't consider pork or alligators to be kosher. :lol:

lol
No, I don't consider pork or alligators to be kosher. :lol:

Well that would leave out shrimp and crawfish too. Well the recipe goes well with chicken. I like using a well pounded round meat as well. Never tried sheep or goat with it but I bet it would work good.

Well it won't work with the butter in it. need to find a parve substitute.

Mmmm. Bacon fat!:twisted: lol Just kidding. Extra Virgin olive oil would work great I would think. Good Luck.

"

עֵינֵי־כֹל אֵלֶיךָ יְשַׂבֵּרוּ וְאַתָּה נֹותֵן־לָהֶם אֶת־אָכְלָם בְּעִתֹּו׃
פֹּותֵחַ אֶת־יָדֶךָ וּמַשְׂבִּיעַ לְכָל־חַי רָצֹון׃

" (Psalm 145:15,16 BHSMORPH)

Back