• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

almost done with grow room

just waiting for the 5mm mylar and 4 more 100 watt CFLs i will update when done:P

Picture757.jpg

Picture758.jpg

Picture759.jpg

guessing your grow room is 3' X 3'...have you figured out how many lumens there are in your lighting?...for production, I think I have read you need 3000 lumens per square foot...

I agree with the comments about "big enough for one mature plant" if it is a small one...a lot of the chinense varieties will get a lot bigger than that area will accomodate...

what I don't see in the pic is a method of circulating the air...you definitely need air circulation..

good looking setup....

orangehero said:
Why not get a 1000W HID? I believe it is more efficient.
too much heat and hid is like 300$ i haven't spent over a 100$ yet on all the lights + the Mylar im just trying too grow one plant

IGROW said:
you think that is too much light i think i need more

I don't think one can have too much light, but you can have more than necessary. One site I came across said tomatoes (and probably peppers since they are related) need 23 Moles/Day for quality production. If you have six 105 watt CFL bulbs, that is 37,200 lumens. Throw in what looks to be 3 13-watt bulbs and that adds another 1,800 lumens, giving you a total of 39,000 lumens.

If they are one foot from the plants, then the plants are getting 39,000 foot candles. Multiply that by .00047 gives you 18.33 moles per hour. If you run the lights 12 hours a day, you will produce almost 200 moles.

That's probably a bit more than you need!

Mike

wordwiz said:
I don't think one can have too much light, but you can have more than necessary. One site I came across said tomatoes (and probably peppers since they are related) need 23 Moles/Day for quality production. If you have six 105 watt CFL bulbs, that is 37,200 lumens. Throw in what looks to be 3 13-watt bulbs and that adds another 1,800 lumens, giving you a total of 39,000 lumens.

If they are one foot from the plants, then the plants are getting 39,000 foot candles. Multiply that by .00047 gives you 18.33 moles per hour. If you run the lights 12 hours a day, you will produce almost 200 moles.

That's probably a bit more than you need!

Mike

its not that many lumens about 16,000 i have six 26watt Equivalent to 100watt and two 65watts. that is my mistake for posting 100watt at the top

Back