• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Almost everything in the garden pics!

Although I do have a couple mater pics in this thread thear are others.

Atlantic Giant

materpics013.jpg

Big Moon

materpics014.jpg

Thesolanikki

materpics015.jpg

Btw I had to battle what seemed like a zillion skeeters to get these pics and want combat pay.

Kobacha Squash

materpics016.jpg

Cosmonaut Volkov

materpics017.jpg

Pink Brandywine

materpics019.jpg

Galeux d' Eysines

materpics020.jpg

Kevin

Kevin,

They look great, though I still opine your dirt looks... different! But hey, as long as the roots can find and suck up nuits, the ground is great.

Mike

wordwiz said:
Kevin,

They look great, though I still opine your dirt looks... different! But hey, as long as the roots can find and suck up nuits, the ground is great.

Mike

Yeah I know.One kind of soil I have had to work with is black clay with shale and very little sand.That stuff is hard to work with. This does need some amending.Most likely will take a year or two to get it really going.

Kevin

Kevin,

I'll repeat myself - this fall, once the garden is done, sow wheat in it. Come LATE spring, mow it then till the ground. Let the roots decompose in the dirt. Save leaves from this fall and add it to the foliage you mow, putting it in a compost pile.

It may take a couple of years, but it will work!

Mike

wordwiz said:
Kevin,

I'll repeat myself - this fall, once the garden is done, sow wheat in it. Come LATE spring, mow it then till the ground. Let the roots decompose in the dirt. Save leaves from this fall and add it to the foliage you mow, putting it in a compost pile.

It may take a couple of years, but it will work!

Mike

Yep Mike your right about that. Green manure is a real good boost for the garden.Not sure if we will be staying at this house but if we do I will do something like this to get the soil doing better. My plants are doing good right now but I think they the garden will be better next time around with some good organic material.

Kevin

Back